HPI Nitro Monster King Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a blast. Just don't be an idiot and expect it to handle like a Savage.

Sooo, it handles good? Ha ha. just kiddin. It looks cool, maybe if they had this setup in a electric........

Sooo, it handles good? Ha ha. just kiddin. It looks cool, maybe if they had this setup in a electric........

They do, just called the Crawler King. Or a Wheely King with the crawler kit to extend the wheel base. Something tells me you already know that :p

Cool Mudtrucker! I'm not a fan of Integy shocks but they certainly look right at home on that truck. Can you get some video of that? I'd love to see it run!

Sure thing. I'll get some vid clips this weekend.

Last edited:
thats cool i would like to have one but i allready have a brushless wheely king and i like that plus i have a t-maxx with a bigblock... it good to know that it handels well

I got mine yesterday, and already: 2 mud thrasher tyres on order to replace those pointless plastic ones, what purpose do they serve if it handles well with normal thrashers? Those tyres make it look like a budget toy that a 5 year old would use.

I have cut out the windows and the back to be more monster truck like, and will be adding black mesh behind the window holes.

Next: New suspension, I want to find some lighter looking suspension and not so bulky.

I can't find any clear shells of this new HPI body, anyone know if they might be releasing one so I can paint my own?

HPI doesn't have their site updated yet for oem replacement parts. The body is listed in the manual with the truck but its painted. Try calling HPI directly. The truck just came out so I'm sure with time they're release it.

Thanks mudtrucker.

Seeing as you have one of these, what do you reckon on giving it 4 wheel steering like a true monster truck?

It seems likes its doable, but how would you go about it?

It is most definitely do-able. In stock form the rear axle has the same spindles, knuckles and steering linkages as the front. It just locked in the straight position by a screw into the axle housing. To make it rear wheel steer just mount a servo on the TVP frame and run a link to it, or the most simple way is to grab RCGuy's servo mount for the axle and put the servo directly on the axle. Everything's there to make it rear wheel steer, but do I recommend it...no. But that's me. I did the complete opposite and removed all the steering parts from the rear axle and locked the axle ends in place with RC4WD's straight axle kit to eliminate all the slop in the rear end from those links and knuckles so it was more stable at higher speeds.

Here's some pics....
STOCK rear axle
96waw1.jpg

After with RC4WD's axle ends...
2a2dqd.jpg

It is most definitely do-able. In stock form the rear axle has the same spindles, knuckles and steering linkages as the front. It just locked in the straight position by a screw into the axle housing. To make it rear wheel steer just mount a servo on the TVP frame and run a link to it, or the most simple way is to grab RCGuy's servo mount for the axle and put the servo directly on the axle. Everything's there to make it rear wheel steer, but do I recommend it...no. But that's me. I did the complete opposite and removed all the steering parts from the rear axle and locked the axle ends in place with RC4WD's straight axle kit to eliminate all the slop in the rear end from those links and knuckles so it was more stable at higher speeds.

Here's some pics....
STOCK rear axle
96waw1.jpg

After with RC4WD's axle ends...
2a2dqd.jpg

Hi, wow, thanks for your detailed reply. I'm not using this truck for top speeds really, so stability isn't my target here. I was wondering if it would be possible to manage the rear steering using the same servo that the front steering uses. Having a seperate servo for the reer would mean an extra channel on the controller would it not? Can you not get dual links for servos to run it all off of one for steering?

Back