Hpi battery level indicator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAxelHell

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone fitted an Hpi battery level indicator to thier savage X? I just wondered if they were worth getting and how you install it (where do the wires plug in)?

They're actually a nice item to have that I always wanted and still haven't bought :shrug:

I believe it plugs in-line between the switch and receiver.

Don't you need the X-style battery box? I have an original S-25 I've installed the X-style trans case into (easier to adjust the 3-speed) and I plan on doing the bulks/diffs soon, but isn't the X battery box the one that has the port for the battery indicator? I do have a hump pack so it would be nice to have the charging port AND the battery indicator, I just need to swap out the box first!

Mark

Don't you need the X-style battery box? I have an original S-25 I've installed the X-style trans case into (easier to adjust the 3-speed) and I plan on doing the bulks/diffs soon, but isn't the X battery box the one that has the port for the battery indicator? I do have a hump pack so it would be nice to have the charging port AND the battery indicator, I just need to swap out the box first!

Mark

Yes the X battery box has the port for the battery level indicator, i've just fitted mine, it looks really good, and you can see it with the body shell on too which I didn't expect. Well worth getting.

can u please post pics of the indicator and how its connected. I'm on the fence about getting one.

I have one on my xl too I really like it .Its worth spending the money to change out the case its also a plug in play deal if you get the y harness with the on and off switch.