Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hpi-baja-5b-flux-rtr.jpg

HPI has taken this extremely popular HPI Baja 5B model and turned it into a brushless RTR with their new HPI Baja 5B FLUX RTR large scale buggy!

The new HPI Baja 5B Flux boats can reach speeds of 60MPH on 8s lipo batteries using a Castle Creations Mamba XL2 ESC and NEU-Castle 2028-780Kv Motor. With this power system there is nearly an unbelievable - 10hp available right at your fingertips...

Click to continue

Wow! It sounds like a beast! I'm just curious about the run time on it...

Now THATS what a baja should be.

5th scale electrics are lame. IMO

Batts are way too expensive for what little runtime you get compared to a gasser. Money is better spent on a full mod engine and tuned pipe if power is what is wanted.

^^THIS! Not to mention that price tag, ouch.

I do agree with Robmob, the brushless setup is certainly very cool and impressive to be pushing around such a large R/C. The short run times are just killer, it's very hard to beat the gas run times, plus you can simply drive up next to you add more fuel and keep going.

The price tag, is MSRP which is always much higher than actual retail price.

-Michael

With 5th scale rc's, i think gas is the coolest part of this scale(besides size). Although 60 mph and 10 hp is impressive..I think the noise of gas gives it the extra cool factor:p: