How to Scale Body:

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

run2jeepn

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I bought a HPI Jeep Rubi body and just placed an order with Tower Hobbies for over $100 for this thing. I aslo order one Roof rack and one rack for a spare tire carrier. I already have a snorkle and Jerry Can. Still needing to get a Hi-Lift Jack. I may try to make one myself. Don't know yet. Since I don't have time to build a TLT right now and really don't want to buy more elect's and a scale frame. I'm just making this so I can switch this over on my 2.2 Pimp Cane Leeroy for know. I now it's not perfectly scale, but should still be sweet looking and alittle more fun to drive.

Parts List.
Traxxas Body Mount Posts Front
Ram Rectangular Lights (2)
Ram Lights Tamiya Roll Bar
Parma Fasdark Brown 2 oz
Pactra Polycarb Bright Yellow 3 oz
Pactra Polycarb Candy Red 3 oz
Pactra Polycarb Metal Flake Silver 2/3 oz
Ram Ultra Bright Lites w/White LED
HPI Jeep Ruby Body
Two Roof Racks by Double J from RCC
Snorkle from ORCRC
2.2 Swamp Dawgs
One Spare 2.2 Swamp Dawg
2.2 Wheels
Cooler
Hi-Lift
Shovel
Sleeping bag
Scale Rope
Scale Kayak
and some other small things

Got everything but my Roof Racks in.....Can you say Day light...:)
DSCF2026.jpg

Made the Warn Stickers myself.
The smaller round stickers are my 1:1 Jeep Club stickers.
http://www.ozarksjeepthing.org/forums/
logo_phpBB.gif

Did you say body Pic's.....:)Still need to Add my Stickers like the WARN and Club Stickers to it....You can see that I painted the outside. I Painted the inside mixed browns and blacks.
DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

Wheels and Tires with My RoK Rings.
DSCF2056.jpg

Pic of body before clear, cutting and cleaning of edges...
DSCF2058.jpg

More...Still need to touch up the edges by hand and striaghten a few stickers.
DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

Just about done with the body. I still have a few little details to paint on it. I may add another coat of Future tomrrow night.

Does anyone have an idea how to mount the rectangle RAM lights. I'm using them for Headlights.

Anyway here are some updated pic's.
DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

Here's a few shots of the indside of the Body..
DSCF2073.jpg

Close up of the Club Logo...
DSCF2074.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

More pic's...I still have 4 lights to mount on the Roof rack and a Trail rack with spare tire...Also waiting on Hi-Lift jack...The Jerry Can and Hi-lift will go on the Tire rack.
DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2097.jpg

I also made these...Working Tow Straps
DSCF2109.gif

I just found these at a Local Store. Just a few bucks each. Not Bad."thumbsup"
DSCF2195.jpg

DSCF2196.jpg

Got the Spare tire and rear Trail rack mounted.
DSCF2208.jpg

Also had to add one of these.
DSCF2207.jpg

More pic's coming soon....:)

Some Roller Pic's
DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2307.jpg

very nice! i like all the scale parts they make,ice chest,jacks,pretty cool.

Sweet, you can almost see the driver soaked in the beer he left on the roof.

Just got her all done. I had to just get this out of the way. Everything was just sitting here looking at me. I'll just have to stay up late working on orders. Sorry guys...I had a screwed up week. I need some Me time. I didn't get it competely done, but it runs now and one set of lights work. The 9v for the headlights is mounted in the Kayak.:lol: I'll get the other things out of the way here in a few days. I just wanted to get it running. I went with 60 V10 Crawler Motors, with Flux Rings and 13t Pinions.
DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2381.jpg

[ame="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/run2jeepn/?action=view&current=DSCF2374.flv"]
th_DSCF2374.jpg
[/ame]
[ame=http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/run2jeepn/?action=view&current=DSCF2376.flv]
th_DSCF2376.jpg
[/ame]

Very nice job.

It looks like you have a good supply of shock hanging on the pegs.

My favorite part is the Scale Bungee Cords.

Man that is some very nice work....makes me ashamed of my rubicon effort...;)

Did you say you are useing a clear on the outside??? Future ? Over the decals ??? Explain that please....;)

Very nice work. Is that a couch in your workshop? Sweet set-up.

That looks really sweet. The more I read this thread the more I feel like trying a crawler out!

Tom

looks sweet!

but just for an idea, you spent quite a bit on the RAM lights..

i do solder led kits, mount them in aluminum,drill/bend. all sorts of stuff for fellow rc'ers.

i';ve got quite a few pics and every single customer has always came back with positive feedback.

just an idea if your ever interested, just send me a pm.

but dang, nice lookin rig!!

Thats cool. I'll keep you in mind next time around.

Well it's getting shipped to Italy Monday....:(

Why the hell would you do a thing like that??!

Sad to see it go mate, that is hands down one of the best lids I have ever seen.

My sentiments exactly Tweak. I don't think I could have let that thing go if it were mine.

I have two many projects going is all. I have 2.2 Clod Tuber in the Works, Another Scale Jeep, Clod Super and 1/6th Scale Clod 6x6 CXT Tow Rig. Not counting my Stampede, E-Maxx and my 2.2 Comp Clod I have to keep maintain.

Back