How often does this happen???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kr0niK

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Kind of serious, kind of a joke.

The picture is crappy but I'm sure you can figure out what it is.

photo_0001.jpg

I had that happen on my T-maxx...22 tooth c/b and she grenaded just like that..

Holy Crap!! I've never seen a CB do that before. Did it get too hot?

wow.. What Cb was it? On what mill?

It was on a knockoff ebay truck. .15ci engine. No idea the brand though. I'm assuming just cheap parts used and that's why it blew. It was a fairly cool day and I could touch the clutch bell right after it detonated so temp wasn't an issue. It just scared the crap outa me because I was holding it with about a 3/4 throttle blip, just to check the smoke coming out. So it was about 2 feet from my face.

Glad you didn't lose an eye from the flying shrapnel. Did you figure out the cause of the problem?

jebus not even my cruddy smart tech did that :eek:pps:

they look like alum clutch shoes maybe they had worn the CB down so much it couldn't take the stress like you said it must have been a cheap part or not designed for alum clutch shoes

also the collet on the flywheel looks really big if that is the collet

Last edited:
supercharged said:
they look like alum clutch shoes maybe they had worn the CB down so much it couldn't take the stress like you said it must have been a cheap part or not designed for alum clutch shoes

also the collet on the flywheel looks really big if that is the collet

It is alluminum clutch shoes which was what I was thinking caused it to. It came with really bad plastic ones that just melted inside.

Not sure what a collet is so no comment on that, but everything besides the shoes, yokes, and fuel line is stock still.

Wow! I've never had a CB grenade like that! Impressive! The collet is the shiny object to the left of the flywheel and I agree, it looks like it might be too big for the flywheel ('course, the flywheel looks like it has shifted off the collet anyway). Man, glad you didn't lose an eye on that one!

hey man if you had lost an eye you could do us all a favour and sue the company selling iffy goods!

on the downside you loose your eye:ponder2:

but hey, theres allways the other one!-xmas-

man that is impressive!! glad you weren't hurt. lol!!!!!!
yahoo, 100 posts!!!!!!!!!!

MEGA MAXX said:
hey man if you had lost an eye you could do us all a favour and sue the company selling iffy goods!

on the downside you loose your eye:ponder2:

but hey, theres allways the other one!-xmas-

Yeah, for some reason I like my eyes. lol

I don't know how close it was to hitting me, I found half of the broken piece still sitting on the chassis but that wasn't all of it. Maybe it's embedded in me somewhere and I don't know it.

Back