How much would you spend for wheel bearings?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Gray

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had a wheel bearing explode on me today and so I decided to replace them all. I found some by a company called Xtreme Racing and they are ceramic for 55.00 for 10 bearings. All others where regular bearings at a much lower cost. I don't know how long to expect cheap bearings to go versus the ceramic racing ones. Any thoughts or experiences is allways appreciated.

You can get a whole set of t-maxx bearings for about 30 bucks from full force rc. They're rubber sealed just like stock. If you avoid water they're just as good as stock. Even though they're rubber sealed, they will take on water and go bad in a hurry. Obviously ceramic would be better, but it's a t-maxx, a big gettin dirty monster. I would only put ceramics in a good racing engine.

i think i threw down like 45 for my scaler build.

On engine bearings, ceramic makes sense. On wheel bearings on an offroad rig, not so much. Your better off just sticking with some decent rubber sealed bearings. Ceramics in offroad get contaminated with dirt and will just break down on you like standard bearings. They are probably better suited for onroad use where dirt isn't as prevalent.

Can get most sizes of rubber sealed from FastEddy for $1 a piece:
http://www.kickassrc.com/

A much more economical replacement for the maxx or any other off road rig.