how long are you bashing without stoping the engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsiap

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
with a good tuning, how long your car/truck is running without interuption?
1 tank, 2, 3 or + i'm asking this because i'm still learning in the world of nitro...and i'm spending too much time running in the parking lot trying to restart my truck, due to bad tuning.....too hot, too lean, rich ...etc...

You might need to seal your engine, once i sealed my carb my truck was easier to tune and basically once tuned correctly could run until i turned it off.

When mine is tuned correctly it will usually run with 3 or 4 tanks without any major changes. If you think you are going to be able to run 3 or 4 tanks without and little adjustment here or there your wrong. You are allways going to be adjusting your needles but, once you get them close you don't have to make and major adjustment.

yeah once you get the tune right and everything is sealed with no leaks it will run until you either break or turn it off...

i hope in the near future i will able to run 3-4 tanks with only little adjustment :)
i will check for leaks ... thanks

With the right tune, I just monitor my temps, and refuel when the tank gets about 3/4 empty, and keep on truckin. Then I will run the tank dry at the end of the day.

I remember that first time I was able to burn through half a gallon of fuel without stopping the engine once. Ahh, those were the days.

I remember that first time I was able to burn through half a gallon of fuel without stopping the engine once. Ahh, those were the days.

and what happen after that? lol

Nitro gets soo much easier after that. Sure they still give me the occasion to scratch my head, but rarely these days.

Nitro gets soo much easier after that. Sure they still give me the occasion to scratch my head, but rarely these days.

but thats half of the fun of nitro, at least to me it is

I may only have half the fun.....but it feels four times as good. :D

I think fixing them is only fun after you get it running in the first place. For me, when I first got my rig it wasn't that much fun struggling to get it running. Then once I got it going it was a blast and now fixing it is enjoyable for some reason.

And as for the topic, I only run one tank cause I loose track of time and forget to take it in to refuel. But i usually just fill er up and let it loose right away

I run mine pretty hard, so whenever i see that tank has like 1/8 tank left, i bring it in and check for damage. But if i'm just messing around, i shut it off to refuel, and fir it back up. 45 seconds max. Longest i went was about 5 tanks with that method. Never tried longer. .15 has been good to me :)

Usually when I run, I run alone. I fire up a truck and burn 500cc's+ at a time. Usually the only time I shut down is when I get bored, kids show up to where ever I am, my 500cc bottle runs out of fuel or I break something.

On my best day, I burned 3/4 gallon, but not in a row. Ran about 1 quart at a time... had to go to the bathroom and get something to drink periodically. It was about 98F outside.

As long as nothing is breaking and the temps stay good. I have run just about all day. a little over half gallon. But also like olds stated breaks dinner and bathroom breaks and such :D

I can easily go all day here in the UK. But the heat here is adding to my engine temps so I just had to lean it up a bit. Only time I stop is when I run out of fuel :)

I can easily go all day here in the UK. But the heat here is adding to my engine temps so I just had to lean it up a bit. Only time I stop is when I run out of fuel :)

You mean richen it up, lean is mean = more power = more heat.

Back