How do you eat this cheese?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have this cheese and I can't figure out if I am supposed to eat the white stuff.
I tried pulling it away from the cheese and it does not really work. Any help would be appreciated.

sLY
cheese1.jpg

cheese2.jpg

Just cut a wedge and eat it. I think the white stuff on the outside is the crust of the cheese from aging. If it's not wax, then munch away. Kinda like Brie cheese.

Sly,
isnt it a bit too late? thats a big chunk missing. just take a little dap of the white stuff and lick it . how does the cheese smell? EAT IT! or take the hceese and randomly ask people walking down the street if they are european and if that how its supposed to look.

I think I will give it a try..... hope I dont get sick my wife is away for the weekend LOL

I would scrape the white crap off with a knife, it is a sealer to keep the cheese fresh, like white Permatex...

Spoooky. That's why I buy cheese from tillamook. You know exactly what your supposed to eat, and if it gets that dark crusty look you're supposed to toss it lol.

hold on a sec is that the kid of cheese you eat on like a daily basis. excuse my short knowledge of this but being grown up in "tha hood" first instance of cheese is kraft. that looks expensive!

I buy my cheese in wisconsin... where people really know how to cut the cheese!

I think you cut the white crap off. Like someone else said, it's a sealant to help the cheese age and retain it's moisture.

Msly cut the cheese?

Here in CA where we are cultured in these issues, the white stuff on the outside is the preferred eatins..... Some people, we call them pigs, will cut off the crust and hog it leaving only the inside for everyone else. If I choose not to be invited to a party next time I know doing this will grant my wish.

One caution.
It smells the same way coming out as it does going in.

Well the cheese saga is over.

Here is the blow by blow. I tried to cut off the white part and it did not go so well. I get the sneaking suspicion that it supposed to be there. Well what ever was left after I butchered the cheese I slapped in some bread and made 2 griddled cheese sandwiches with low carb bread and I can not believe its butter garlic and herb. Note to self buy velvetta next time LOL

I would've probably done the same thing and call it a day

Cheese is like wine.
You have the brands you cook with and the then you have the ones you savor.

Using the cheese to make a sandwich is like using a beautifully aged bottle of wine to cook with. On the other hand if it was just going to sit there and not be eaten, no harm no foul.

I feel proud that I started the longest cheese thread on RCNT :)