How do you display your r/c's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am interested in how everyone displays their r/c's when they are not in use. I sit my Ruckus ontop of my home theater sub woofer, my nitro Stampede sits on top of another home theater sub woofer, my Revo sits in a space underneath my tv and my nitro 4Tec and Jato sit on top of a dresser in the same room. Only problem I have is when I get my next r/c I am plum out of room and must start hanging them on the walls somehow.

Just wondering how you display your pride and joy. give me some ideas how to display mine once I run out of room lol.

my 3 race r.c.'s usually sit on car stands on top of my t.v. stand, a buddy uses peg board and hangs his by the left rear arms, looks cool seeing them all hangin there on a slight angle, i'm trying to figure out where to put peg board on my room right now lol

10th and 8th scales sit on homemade PVC stands on shelves in my workshop.

5th scale sit on metal shelving brackets mounted on the wall of my workshop. I use foam pipe insulation to pad the brackets. This method will work great for 10th and 8th scales as well.

I only have one Slash 4x4, and a whole workbench devoted pretty much to just that one truck, so when I'm not using it, it sits smack dab in the middle of it's own table, with it's radio on the left, and tools on the right. I have no clue what I'm going to do once I get a new stampede (this week, maybe). If it's not there, then it's usually in the back of my car.

Planes, on the other hand, I have all sorted out. I have a workbench just for them, with a few hanging on hooks on the right side, and helis hanging directly above. Behind all of that, I have a mini hangar made out of that metal modular shelving they have at home depot for really cheap. There's probably 8 or 9 planes hanging above the oil tanks in my basement, and another 7 between 2 cars at all times (I actually built mini hangars in all my cars) :D They tell me I have a problem...

Here's a pic of the back of my Explorer. I'll see about getting a pic of the bigger hangar tonight.

2011-09-06173620.gif

Last edited:
I only display mine in a cloud of dust, flying through the air, with smoke coming out of the pipe.;)

I have stuff all over the place. My two onroad cars are on stands in front of my fireplace since I've been doing so much body work lately. Usually they are in my hobby table. My Slider and the F10 accompany them. My Maxx and GT2 are on the floor in my bedroom. The Summit and Wheely King sit atop my toolbox in the garage. The Emaxx is on the ground next to them. The RC18, Lazer, S3, micro DT, and funny car are all boxed up and sitting on racks in the garage. Oh yeah, the two mini boats are in the garage too.

interesting I like the peg board idea but I don't know if the wife would like peg board in the living room. I need to find some shelves or hooks of some kind that I can mound on the walls.

something like this? http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Or...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Those aren't too bad. You can get them in a nice black finish, and make them any height/space apart you want. All you need is 2 tracks ~8 inches apart, and put an arm at the same notch on each one, it should hold as many cars as you can vertically, plus you can put other stuff (like an actual shelf above or below the cars to hold a radio/batteries/etc.). Only takes a couple screws, and it can hold a lot.

thanks captain awesome that is a great idea. I think I may do that when I run out of room which hopefully will be soon :hehe:

thanks captain awesome that is a great idea. I think I may do that when I run out of room which hopefully will be soon :hehe:

Some day I might have to for cars, but since I only have one for now, I should be good. Like I said earlier though, I did the same thing I described for my planes...

2011-09-06232904.gif

2011-09-06232920.gif

2011-09-06233006.gif

2011-09-06233026.gif

It's like a cave I never have to leave :D

lets see my slash and the boys slash sit up in the living room for easy access, along with a maxx. and for downstairs I have my bench which holds any rc that needs work like my crawler thats waiting for new motors, a maxx I am rebuilding, my jato for the tranny rebuild, and off to the side is my boys redcat and my highroller and my e-maxx (that I am probly selling soon)
on the wall behind the bench i my shelf for my micro's got close to 10.
and on the floor in the middle of the track is my daughters bandit and old lady's rusty, and the old blackfoot(in need of rebuild l.o.l) and my classic maxx. and on a stand next to my stairs is another tmaxx shelf under that is old lady's redcat baha bug, and the shelf at the foot of the stairs I get to look at everytime I walk down is the rsa cuda and a few ummm cheaper rc's that are classic cars I think that about does it.. as soon as I can get photobucket to work for me again I will post afew pics..... I love the idea of cpt.awsome nice steup!!!

I pack my single RC away when not being wrenched on or prepped for a race. Only thing I put on display is my trophies. Which is pretty comical, since all I have to show is three trophies for 7th, 4th and 2nd place.

I bought one of those plastic shelving units from sLowes and have all my bigger RC stuff including the Baja, tools and fuel stored on that. But in the living room, there's a Blade MSR heli on my right front speaker, and an mCPX heli on the left one. There's a Losi Micro T under the TV on the AV stand, and a Honey Bee FP V2 heli on top of the kitchen cabinets.

Back