how do you change the spur?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a tc4, and the spur has gotten chewed up by pebbles and stuff. i have one on order, but just from looking at it, I'm not sure how to change it. it looks like the center shaft is captured on that end in a carrier, that is molded to the chassis.

pics would rock!

The spur gear is held to that star shaped piece of plastic on the main drive shaft with 4 screws. To get that star shaped piece off the shaft, you have to loosen and remove the part that hold the bearing and shaft where the star piece attachs. That piece is held on by two screws from the bottom of the chassis. The star and spur gear ride on a short metal shaft that hold them on with c-clips and pins. IIRC, you may have to remove one of the diff assemblies, too.

the spur has gotten chewed up by pebbles and stuff.

I thought this section was for "on-road" cars....not hillbillys driving nice cars in the woods....get a broom and put in work for your hobby ya lazy bastage.... :D

miss me? hehe

oh yea i missed ya plaid, and your "vase" on the workbench.:D

what can i say, i drive um like i stole um. my "sac" has a bunch of sand and stuff in some places where the water pools.

my "sac" has a bunch of sand and stuff in some places where the water pools.

Ummm that should DEFINATELY be loked at by a Dr.......or get it drained by a........forgot this wasn't free for all you lucky dog....so did ya get it fixed yet?

I still have my TC4, if ou are driving on unswept streets alot get the delrin spur gears...they don't chunk the teeth off as easy as the stock ones....

parts are here, just havent jumped into it yet. worked on the sc10 last night, maybe tonight ill try to change it.

do they make a gear cover for them?

I haven't Found one yet...I just run the stock chassis...no CF..just keep checking the car for loose stuff and shake it out every few runs....I just make sure everything is mount solid enough to grab the chassis flip upse down and shake the crap out of it...literally...

I'd love to find a carpet track and set up one of those diggity design conversions...

well i finally changed the spur. what a pain in the butt!! i had to take the whole back end of the car apart and pull the diff! its in there now though.. but when i was putting it back together i snapped the clamp piece of the motor mount. WTF..

Back