Hot racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
anyone use the Hot Racing powerup bi directional clutch kit? Says it has the largest engagement surface area,more than any 2 or 3 shoe setup.

anyone use the Hot Racing powerup bi directional clutch kit? Says it has the largest engagement surface area,more than any 2 or 3 shoe setup.

Thank god you posted something, I was starting to thing every body forgot about this site. Lol.

I heard that they are good I have a friend that uses it and likes it.

I've been using that clutch setup for a little over 3 months now and i love it! Mine in the photo has had a little over a gallon on it and beyond the scratches in the finish there is virtually no wear..
2012-05-01211701.jpg

However the design is flawed right out of the box and i had to figure out a way to correct the flaw, which i did. This is what happens, the two shoes sit inside the flywheel and are centered by the lower lip of the crankshaft nut. The problem is that there is nothing securing the shoes to the flywheel and twice in a tank of fuel the shoe assembly slipped off of the lip of the nut and wedged into front face of the clutch bell...this makes a nasty sound and basicly locks the bell onto the crankshaft requiring me to pull the engine and reseat it.

The fix is very simple and has yet to fail me or even show signs of wear, two small automovtive A/C O-rings installed around the nut before the shoes go on will stop it from moving foward and even if it does the o-ring will pull it back into place much like a square cut seal does inside a 1:1 car brake caliper...

awesome, good to know. I saw it on ebay and I'm kinda computer illiterate so i am not sure how to add a link to the post. Sorry.

That's a knock off of the fioroni turbo sliding clutch. I have been running the Fioroni twin turbo sliding clutch with carbon shoes for years. Best clutch I have ever tried so I bet that one is about the same.

The downside I see to those aluminum shoes is the curled over bits on the edges look like they will require more maintenance to keep the build up down.

:2cents:I could see that build up jammin the CB if not regularly taken care of.

I could see the upside if using the carbon shoes though.

Last edited:
+1^^ I use The composite shoe clutch from BUKU.. IMO its the best clutch you can buy...