Hot Bodies Stadium truck???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the HB truggy is a low profile racer.
The plastic arms are not that great but cheaper for repairs. The aluminum arms will cause more damage.....I have seen it rip more apart in a heavy wreck.
Tower hobbies has the plastic arms now in stock for $7.99 a pair fits front or rear........I grabbed 3 pairs since one of my front arms is already broken. You can't go wrong at $7.99 for plastic arms compared to like $70 for aluminum arms.

so what other hop-ups are in the pro? do u all think i should just get the rr an start there cause i dont think i wat the high dollar arms.

Better shocks, better diffs are a couple I know of.

I put some 50wt oil in the shocks and that has seemed to solve my problem with the suspension...The truck seems to run really good!

FlyinRazorback, what engione did you end up going with? BTW thanks again I can't get over how clean these things are.

lykan said:
FlyinRazorback, what engione did you end up going with? BTW thanks again I can't get over how clean these things are.

Medial Pro M2K Evo. Jammin JP-1 pipe. Stock clutch.

On a side note, I put my truck on a Hudy board and it was way out of wack (from the factory). I went through it and set my camber and toe. Taking it to the track tomorrow and it should have a little more steering now. I'll let you guys know.

So the stock engines were to big to be allowed to race with?

Well boys it's on its way Lightning stadium Pro mid Janurary I should have it there currently on back order and it will be shipped out to my lhs the 1st week of Janurary 520.00 out the door.....I think I will like it I have a lightning 1/8 buggy turned pro except the high dollar knuckels and love it. My local hobby shop carries tons of HB parts and they are cheap prices. I am gonna rip it to pieces and make my own personal kit from it and then hop it up from there. First thing is a Top P-5 and a JP-1 and a pro front Chasis Brace..

lykan said:
So the stock engines were to big to be allowed to race with?

The stock engines were not too big to be "allowed" to race with.....this factor all depends on your track rules. The class on these truggies that everyone runs here is Unlimited Monster Truck class meaning pretty much anything truggy style goes. I have run my HB truggy on two tracks that both allow the stock engine. However I never raced in the stock engine as I had swapped it out out right away for my Wasp .26 which still is a large engine to race in on those tracks.
My engine set up is a Wasp .26 with THS pipe and Werks Racing 4 shoe adjustable clutch.

Anyone have a good upclose pic of it with no lid, and no tires?

yup if ya looked in the other thread you would have seen my RR version without the Werk s Racing 4 shoe clutch https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23680

I chose the RR than the Pro for money issues. But I rather have the RR and do what I want with hop ups at the cost I saved on the Pro. Plus I don't like aluminum arms. I broke one front plastic arm and it was a $7 fix for new arms. If I had had teh pro and bent the arms, it would have been a $70 fix for new aluminum.
Another thing I changed was the front universals in swap for rear dogbones. I will wait til someone strong like MIP makes better ones even though HB made the fix already for the front wheel unis.

Like I said before, I want to change my Lightning pro 2 into a truggy, but I need to know what parts to change. I think I'll start with the outdrives, and wheels and tires, but I'll bet the arms are longer, there for the CVD's/dog bones will need to be longer, and the steering rods will have to be longer, and if this is the case, then I'll sell it, and just go buy the real deal. What do you think, as you have both.

I would just get the real deal Stadium. I have them both, HB buggy pro and stadium RR and oen of the reasons I say go for both that you can race in two different classes, few of the parts are the same on both.
I don't know, to me....trying to build a truggy out of a great buggy seems to be like spending all that cost in conversion parts when you can have something thats RTR.
I wouldn't sell, trade or convert my Lightning 2 Pro into anything different just because I think it's a good buggy to begin with. I haven't broken anything on it other than a cheap stock wing.
Keep the buggy and invest in a HB Stadium.

lykan,

No, you can run pretty much any engine you want in the MT class where we race. I just went with the M2K, more of a personal preference and I am familiar with the engine.

Back