Horizon Hobby March Truck Month Sale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid newbie question time…is that 2wd granite worth the $99 for 1 a basher for my little girl (7) with not much rc driving experience and 2 something that’s a decent roller for my son to have a project car?

Stupid newbie question time…is that 2wd granite worth the $99 for 1 a basher for my little girl (7) with not much rc driving experience and 2 something that’s a decent roller for my son to have a project car?
Id say go ahead.
I started with my slash when I was 7. Still have it. Fully upgraded now lol. Still alive.

The Granite is good from what I've heard. But if it were me I'd get a Granite 4X4 and run it on 2S with some throttle limiting. Then you guys can work up to higher speeds without any mods.

Also, HH is making it very hard for me to not buy that Mini-T brushless.

Id say go ahead.
I started with my slash when I was 7. Still have it. Fully upgraded now lol. Still alive.
somewhat.

The Granite is good from what I've heard. But if it were me I'd get a Granite 4X4 and run it on 2S with some throttle limiting. Then you guys can work up to higher speeds without any mods.

Also, HH is making it very hard for me to not buy that Mini-T brushless.

somewhat.

I was looking at that one too

Honestly, no. The motors tend to burn up quickly. And you'll just want more power very soon. Too costly to convert to brushless and will never perform as well as 4X4. You're better off buying the BLX Granite. It can be run on 2S and throttle limiting. As they progress, 3S. Lot's of upgrades available too.

We've got several BLX Granites. Blast if you don't plan to launch it 10 feet in the air. Got my 7 year old grandson a Mega 4X4 brushed version for cheap. He loves it but, almost time for more power. We've got lots of leftover parts. That was the plan.

Honestly, no. The motors tend to burn up quickly. And you'll just want more power very soon. Too costly to convert to brushless and will never perform as well as 4X4. You're better off buying the BLX Granite. It can be run on 2S and throttle limiting. As they progress, 3S. Lot's of upgrades available too.

We've got several BLX Granites. Blast if you don't plan to launch it 10 feet in the air. Got my 7 year old grandson a Mega 4X4 brushed version for cheap. He loves it but, almost time for more power. We've got lots of leftover parts. That was the plan.

And that was my main reasoning for asking! Thank you! My son loves the working on them part just as much as the driving and didn’t know if it was worth the difference to get the cheaper one and let him build it up. we are going to be down in NOLA next weekend and I plan on taking him to RC shop (I haven’t been in a hobby store since my grandpa used to take me to the Ben Franklin store 😂) we don’t have anything nearby here. I’ll probably wait to pull the trigger on anything until then I guess. The $99 one I would order now, the other one I will wait and see what happens at the store 😂

The Arrma radios (at least the Granite one) have a knob to limit throttle to 50%, 75%, and 100%. It works great for progressing the kiddos to the faster speeds. Breydon started off with his Granite at 50%, but quickly moved up to 75%, then 100%. At 100%, it will pull wheelies at just about any speed, and hold it. It's a really impressive rig, as far as the power it has. I would suggest you grab some rear CVD's because the truck will rip the plastic universals apart on the driveshafts.

Back