Hobbywing Releases V10 G4R Motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Popping up on the RedRC website this morning. Two motors available in both ROAR and non-ROAR versions.

Not something I follow closely, but having "approved" and "non-approved" comp motors available is the first time I recall seeing this. Maybe already being done by other maus. Still, an interesting marketing approach.

Looking at the quick specs posted, looks like the big difference is in motor weight.

Link below. Thanks, RedRC.

HW V10 G4R

Beat it to me
Was just about the post this

I already run the past gen 13.5 G4 In my B74 and I like it. Just normal club racing so I wouldn't really spend the money on the new G4R. Or unless I want a backup motor. Planning on going with a 21.5 Justock in my new TT02 but we will see. Justock is a FTM ( Fixed Timing Motor) so thats the only downside.

Last edited:
...having "approved" and "non-approved" comp motors available is the first time I recall seeing this. Maybe already being done by other maus.

Do you mean like how Trinity offers the "Punisher" series which are considered "Outlaw" motors?

I've seen many clubs ignore the ROAR restriction and allow Outlaw motors for club racing, they're just happy to get folks to show up to race, ha!

LoL, Bill. Yeah, Like HW has its 'Bandit' version outlaw motor. Which, by the way, almost considered buying before making the switch over to all sensorless for my builds. Had a couple of sensor lead fails over time. Going sensorless eliminates that issue for me. I do like that this new release has two ports for the sensor lead to choose from. Esp. the one directly below the solderable ESC tabs on the motor was a particular PITA for my builds.

Went to the HW NorthAmerica site and the new release versions have "ROAR" etched on the outer case. Not sure how they are marking the internals if they are. Be yet another challenge for tech to overcome.