Hobbywing 8BL150 best Settings to change

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi,

So I have converted my XB8 to ebuggy so basically i am going to be new to racing ebuggy.
I have installed a Hobbywing 8BL150 esc with a 1900kv Hobbywing motor.
I have a program card.....should i start with the 'box' settings ?or do you have any set ups that i can try ?

I am an intermediate standard Rc racer sort of middle of the pack !

I would just leave it on the stock settings unless you want to change something and see if it makes you drive better. That's what I usually do. With my new ESC in my wheeler, it's dialed out of the box settings. All I did is throw the brake frequency all the way up. Granted that was a xerun XR10.
Being the quickrun, it's lower spec so it's sensorless and you don't have many settings / features as sensor, timing, brake / throttle frequency and electronic timing.

Last edited:
Hi,

So I have converted my XB8 to ebuggy so basically i am going to be new to racing ebuggy.
I have installed a Hobbywing 8BL150 esc with a 1900kv Hobbywing motor.
I have a program card.....should i start with the 'box' settings ?or do you have any set ups that i can try ?

I am an intermediate standard Rc racer sort of middle of the pack !
I'd try it stock box setting and that would give you a good baseline and then if anything seems off to you. then you could adjust and see if it feels better to drive.

I would just leave it on the stock settings unless you want to change something and see if it makes you drive better. That's what I usually do. With my new ESC in my wheeler, it's dialed out of the box settings. All I did is throw the brake frequency all the way up. GRANTED that was a xerun XR10.
Being the quickrun, it's lower spec so it's sensorless and you don't have many settings / features as sensor, timing, brake / throttle frequency and electronic timing.
Untitled212_20240410141132.png

Last edited:
On esc that I used I would always go to track on practice day .run a few laps then change one thing at a time.
1 no reverse not allowed at tracks I ran at
2 brakes. don't know where this company has factory settings at but Id always go to 100% then my radio was for fine tuning.
3 punch This is 1 your going to have to test (always loved max on this my trigger can get it correct)
4 Timing well another. got to see what kind of heat you get and performance when adjusted on esc
5 i sure you have more. you'll have to see what they do.
6 make sure you keep a written copy of were things started and what you did to each

Back