Help I have a problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irideanrs43

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The weirdest thing is happening too my car. Whenever I hold it off the ground and then throttle it, it accelerates perfect. But when it’s on the ground and I throttle it, it just Boggs out. Any body know the problem? Also does any body know the 2 speed settings for an rs4 3.

Hi,

Check your engine setttings (you might have your high-end too high and your low-end too low)....also, does it actually "bogg" out or is it a sharp cut-off...if the second, you might need to finish breaking in the P/S. For the two-speed (HPI).. I believe the settings are 2.5 turns out for starters (outer = faster shift & inner = more delayed shift). Then you can further adjust to your likings. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the reply. It boggs out and if I let go of the gas right away it will stay on. But if i floor it it will just shut off. Do you know the tune settings for the novarossi .12cx or a setting i can start from. Which one is the high end, the black screw?

Last edited:
how much fuel has been ran threw the mill?

i dont know what a mill is. And the engine has about 10-15 tanks ran threw it.

oook,

By your reply, it sounds as if the low end is too low. Try leaning it out in 1/8th turn increments (clockwise). Simply, the high-end is the needle "looking at you from the top view of the carb" the low end needle is the one below that on the side of the carb.

Yeah, try to lean the low end needle a bit. Sounds like it's loading up and when you hit the gas it just chokes itself with too much fuel.

If, on the other hand, it revs up then cuts out, you might be too lean on the high speed needle.

irideanrs43 said:
i dont know what a mill is. And the engine has about 10-15 tanks ran threw it.
The mill is the engine. I would also say your rich on the low end. Lean it out in very small incriments (1/8 turns) until you see good performance.

As for the 2 Speed, what I did to set mine was unscrew the screw all the way, then thread it in just a bit. This will make it shift right away. Now start to screw it in more until you hear it shifting. Screw it in more and more until you get it to where you want.

Are you sure your clutch isn't engaging too early.

Back