Hahaha, bent the rear driveshaft!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Went to the track today with my Muti, fresh Losi 454 is tuned, has some fun doing laps and jumping. Right up until I made a jump off of a tabletop. Jumped about 10ft high, maybe 15ft long, came down and couldn't move. Ran across the track to see what happened, noticed that the sides of the body were caved in, hitting the brakes, popped them out and it still wouldn't move. Shut it down, pulled the lid off, found the rear driveshaft was bent!

Got home and pulled it apart, also noticed a slight bend in the rear chassis brace, so it's time to upgrade to aluminum braces.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Well, at least it sounds like you had a good time.

Well, they say it's not the jumping that hurts you, it's the landing. :hehe:

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

wow..good job bub! Ahhh, reminds me of the truck pull days....slaying drive shafts was a hobby!

That right there is some serious chassis flex. lol

Yea, it was alot of fun, but I think I'm starting to lose my marbles. Too much broken stuff. I picked up numbered drill bits, and I have a tap and die set with the bits for 3 and 4mm, so I'm going to see if I can make new braces and save $30.

hmmmmm.....looks like what I did to my inferno when it hit a tree at about 30.....but I had a few more broken parts lol. Nice carnage though.

Wow theres that nitro luck again, I better be careful with my rc luck, that has to be a sign!!

Alien: Just remember that if you're not breaking it, you're not bashing hard enough.

Alien: Just remember that if you're not breaking it, you're not bashing hard enough.

Lol, I was bashing pretty hard. Once I got tuned at the track I started hammering the jumps. Since I installed the pivot ball steering on the front end, it's pretty solid. Whacked a tree while jumping, (not at the track) cartwheeled alot, etc. The Mutilator has become my ultimate basher. Hopefully I can get it all setup for winter too, I'd like it launch some snowbanks with it! (thinking about making studded tires too)

Back