GS racing 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D9t2s523

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey I'm in America and have an opportunity to pick up a gs racing nitro buggy, but I see the parts and product isn't distributed here, I'm just trying to find out if the gs racing buggies are quality product, and also is there any sites that ship to the USA, and send some links over, thanks

Go to Google and go to town :)

Get something a bit better quality that is supported in your country by places like A-Main hobbies. A good quality buggy at a great price is the JQ Products "THE Car", available in kit & rtr versions. "THE RTR" is a great buggy, very strong & they go very well with the Alpha engine, they also have Savox servos & share 50% of the parts with the pro buggy, virtually all other pro parts can be fitted so the RTR can be fully upgraded.
Customer service is a great thing to have to & with JQ Products its second to none, the best you could want. You can deal direct with the companies team & sales manager & the company owner, I even have them as friends on facebook social network & can talk to them on another rc forum as well, how many companies offer that.

Yeah I was gonna get it cause a guy on CL was selling it for 60 bucks, but seemed like a headache, so for now I'm just gonna stick with my revo and dial it in and get a few races under me with that beast, but thanks for all the help.

Revos and fun and I've broken a few parts on them, but for a buggy, if you really want quality I'd take a good hard look at Xray. I have a 808e and I have yet to break a single part.

I've got a 2006 GS Storm Plus RTR, but the only 1/8th buggy i can compare it to is my brothers Jammin/Hong Nor X1X.
Its a tough buggy with a mod to the A-arm mounts (use the more modern Storm Evo mounts or make some plates to prevent the origianal A-arm mount chassis holes ripping out as there so close to the edge).
The GS engine is a .21 3 port made by SH and is faster top end, weaker bottom end than a Force/OFNA .25 in the Jammin X1X my brother has (same 25% fuel, tuned and run same day next to each other). It also starts first pull for me when warm, 3 or 4 pulls when cold.
Parts are available from CEN Racing in the USA or i use Nitrotek in the UK. The only part i've broke (apart from ripping out a chassis hole for the front and rear A-Arm mount) is a front A-arm from hitting a post at 40mph (speed run with GPS).
It handles and jumps slightly better than the X1X but i would say my brothers X1X is a tougher buggy out of the box as that has never broke (but his front shock mount and chassis plate bends quite often but i just straighten them) and hasn't needed any mods. We do bash quite hard, mainly on the beach and golf course, jumping constantly and cart wheeling/crashing all the time :)

Losi 8 2.0 buggies and truggy's have crashed in price look for one of those I got a 2.0 race roller for $135 then I've spent the last two months slowly rebuilding it and now once the esc arrives it will be a rocket but the other day I saw a losi 8t 2.0 roller get listed for £100 ($135) ish bargain.

Yeah I actually lucked out, and picked up a hyper 7 for free and a hpi vorza roller and a team associated tc3 for free. So this threat is coming to an end, unless you have any words of those cars. Thank you

Back