Great Planes Flat-Outs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Error401

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got one of these (Flatana) and had it airborne last weeked.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/greatplanes/gpma1111.html

This thing is a trip. I saw a couple of them at the field a couple weeks ago and decided that I had to fly one of these planks. Eventhough it comes with a ferrite geared motor, I decided to go with the brushless upgrade since you have to build it one way or the other. The box says 2-3 hours to build, but I took a bit longer with about 8 hours.

Flying it is a blast. I usually hand launch it by throttling up and letting go (vertical) at about 2/3 throttle. It hovers at 1/2 and is fully 3D capable. I would highly recommend one of these if you fly planks.

Did you see my buddys flying Hydroplane?
I posted it a while back. If you like 3D you will love this.
Let me know if you want one. Hes on back order for 4 months but I can get one if you want it.

Is the plane fairly indestructable? Not like a tensor 4d?

Ed, yes I saw that thread. I might be interested in one just for the WTF factor at the field.

Kev, it's kind of tough. I haven't put it in the dirt yet, but the control horns seem to be the weak link. I was putting it in the trunk a couple days ago and donked the rudder, causing a reglue of that control horn.

Back