Great day of bashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bash

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well today we finally had a nice day here in Kentucky. After a big ice storm, no electricity, etc I was getting a bit of cabin fever. I decided the yard was dry enough to run on, so I broke out the Revo. It only had half a gallon ran through it and was just starting to really wake up. It starts without effort (changed over to pullstart) and hasn't fouled a glow plug yet. (Almost made it to the 1 gallon point today) I got the tune down really good and it seems that it holds its tune well. Rode wheelies from a standstill like they were nothing.

The only issue of the day was my J Concepts wing kit. I snapped it right off today after failing at a couple backflip attempts and miscalculations jumping off the house. (BTW this truck is very tough) So I've ordered the traxxas wing kit, I've heard very good things about it.

BTW I never realized just how much the wing saves the body of the truck.. man, almost wish I had just called it quits after I broke the wing. Sorta trashed the rear of the body afte some wheelies and flips.

I did have one issue, and it may have been because it had gotten a little warmer and the tune had gone richer. The truck didn't want to shift into second gear. Plenty of blue smoke and the engine sounded very clean, but it would just rev out in 1st gear. I noticed that if I hit the breaks and let the truck idle, then took off again, it would shift without a problem. Could it be that the truck was just to rich? Temps today stayed around the 210-250 range. The engine ran its best at around 250 F.

Anyway I'm very pleased with this traxxas product and it is much more reliable than my old T-maxx and the pro .15. I already have a picco .26max engine on the way for when the 3.3 decides its had enough. Actually I don't know if I'll be able to hold off putting it in there once I get it. :hehe:

The revo is a very durable truck just pushrods and a-arms and there good to go.

what do you you mean pushrods and a arms? thoughs are the week points? what do you recomend as replacments?

What part of Kentucky are you from?

I tried to warn everyone, the Traxxas wing mount is the best.
As far as your tuning issue, sounds like you have it figured out. Don't be afraid of it. Adjust it and learn.