Got some new diffs to show off.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maskale

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I picked up some Fioroni diffs. and have had them for a week and have not been able to run them. It has been raining nearly every day for 2 weeks now, usually in the month of June we get about 4.5 inches of rain, well we got 17-18 inches, so the tracks are way to muddy, but this weekend is looking good.
Here is a pic. of the center one.

4859Fioroni_diff_-med.JPG

Some of you may remember me having trouble with my uni. coming out of the front out drive, well the Fioroni diffs. have longer out drives, so I got an upgrade and soved a problem, now the uni. is way in there, and does not come close to coming out when the suspension compresses.

4859fironi_out_drive-med.JPG

Here is a pic. of what the uni was doing before.

4859out_drive-med.JPG

I put my TCD in the back just to see how it works out, anyone else run a TCD in the back?

I also have had the Siro Kanai Edition engine with over 6 gallons on it and I started having trouble controlling the temps. it was either rich or lean, I just could not get it right. Well lastnight I took the carb restrictor out just to see what it would do, and I went to a parking lot just to test it out. I seems like it has more power and the temps lowered, I ran about 3 tanks back to back and it only got up to 257 at the very bottom of the tank when it ran dry. Do you guys normally run with the restrictors, and what connection do they have with the temps?

I am going to run it like it is to test it at the track, just waiting for it to dry so I can test my diffs. too.

Last edited:
Well, it would restrict air, so you would run it leaner to keep it running with the correct air/fuel ratio. With it out, you get more air, so you have to richen it up to get the correct fuel/air ratio.

With a restrictor, your starving it of both air and fuel.

i usually take the restrictors out of the carb. you get all the air the engine needs to make its full power. whats the downside of that?

I can't think of one, unless the surface your driving on is so loose or slippery that your constantly spinning out. That would be when a restrictor would be useful. But even then, who cares, unless your racing.

Is that a torsen diff? I'm thinking about getting a Fioroni torsen diff for my project truck...would like to hear some opinions

Yes it is a torsen but I have not got to run it on the track yet, still waiting for it to dry up here. They are supposed to be bad ass, but I can't drive very good anyway but I hope they will help out.

sweet! let me know how it works when you get it out there ok? either in thread of PM. I think I read somewhere that having a torsen in the back will make your car oversteer more (which is what I want for drifting). You'll definately have to adjust your driving style to that.

vbgagnon said:
i usually take the restrictors out of the carb. you get all the air the engine needs to make its full power. whats the downside of that?

Racers use carb restrictors because:

1. Their expensive engines have more power than they can usefully put down on a tight, slippery track

2. Restricted engines use less fuel and thus need less pit stops for fuel during long mains.

Back