Got it finally

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgers8

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
id like to start by saying thanks to all those who helped me. i got my revo 3.3 today and it worked perfect. i broke it in and i didn;t even tune it after and it did wheelies on demand. i crashed into my gallon of fule tank and dented it. i also jumped 5 feet or more and i flipped it a few times. it works fine, just one thing, when i start it, it doesn't always start(it dies out when i give it throttle, it goes away when the engine is warm so I'm guessing its cause the engine needs to warm up.)

thanks.

Support ur local hobby store!

Don't expect performance the instant you fire it up. They always do their best in the 200+ degree range. Give it time to come up to temp.

ummm...havent thought of a name. ill try and think of one. and yeah when it gets up to temp it runs fine but i have been having some problems with the acceleration. I'm taking it to hobby town to get check and my free tune up.

i watched the dvd and read the manual.

Learn from the hobby shop tune up. It's something you'll have to due a LOT, depending on temp and humidity when you're running it. Get familiar with what each needle does, then you'll know right away what to do if it doesn't seem to perform quite right.

Learn from the hobby shop tune up. It's something you'll have to due a LOT, depending on temp and humidity when you're running it. Get familiar with what each needle does, then you'll know right away what to do if it doesn't seem to perform quite right.

thats what I'm doing, I'm not driving it anymore until i get it tuned and learn how to tune it. i don;t want to run it to lean! or rich for that matter. They go through the tuning process with you if u want them to and teach you everything u need to know. i might be going this week.

i just realized i have like 2 threads going about the same thing! not cool.

i have heard that this thing is great for racing only, everybody that has a rvo says its a slug so dont be dissapointed !

the only way i know how to make em get up a little faster is by getting cvd's
i you wanted speed you should have got the tmaxx, but overall quality and reliability the revo was the best choice, cause maxxs have alot of problems!
lol

the revo is good for racing only, or just a driver for beginners, it is a slug otherwise
but do not get me wrong the truck is bomb it is a sweet truck and it is great quality
do not be dissapointed about the acceleration, that is just how the truck is

my slipper clutch was loose. Now it wheelies on demand even thought its designed not to. and i can get into second gear in around 1.5 seconds. i actually decided to get the revo cause of all the problems with the t maxx. lol. but if you tune it right it FLYS! (disclamer, does not actually fly.) i learned how to tune it and now we can let this thread drift into the oblivion.

I have driven the Tmaxx both 2.5 and the 3.3 and then the Revo 2.5 and the Revo 3.3.

Hands down the Revo 3.3 was the quickest and handled way better.IMO

I don't see changing to CVD's will make it run faster unles your driveline is binding. The best way to get the most out of your engine is to learn to tune it better. The axles on the revo are fine and will attain high speeds and hold.

To say that the REVO is for RACING ONLY is way off base. The Revo is a very capable racer . Look are the Production MT class. Its dominated by the Revo. Please do more research.

Congrats!! Like The Other Guy Said.. What Did U Name It??

why do i need to name it? ok fine.....Mr.COOL