Good engine for RC10GT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProMaxx316

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a factory team RC10GT and I'm looking for a good engine for it (i call the truck "it" cause it's a beast). I got a old OS .12 CV and shes getting tired. So i need something with a little more pep. What would you guys recomend.

If you use a starter box, the OS TZ .12 engine will be more than enough. You'll need a rear-exhaust GT header (associated sells this). Everything else is a direct bolt-in.

thanks for the reply. Now i was looking into that engine but what turned me away from it was the crank shaft. Its a pilot shaft and i need the standard crank. Or do i just cut the Pilot crank down to the threads.

I'm running a OS 18 cv-r in my RC10GT and it rips and preforms well.Look into it forsure.

does gt2 run long standard shaft??

i had a os.18 cv-rx in my rc10, jut cut the shaft and put the pilot on. make sure you thread a nut on there befor you cut it though.

the .18 was insane

Yup, there's always beasons' way, hehe. Associated sells a clutch-cut-off nut that's about 50 cents or so. Just thread it on all the way, and cut with a dremel. Put the engine in a baggie, so the bearings are protected, and nip a little at a time to prevent overheating. Let cool, and remove the nut. The nut will de-burr the threads as you take it off.

I have a novarossi c12 on my gt2 now and I couldnt imagine having anymore power. Its race legal and has soo much low end its almosth ard to control yet the power continues smoothly clear to wide open. It is an insane motor, shame they dont make it anymore, I'm looking for a used one just incase this one wears out. The cx12 from what I hear is close but something about the c12 just makes it awesome, and most people that own one will tell you the same unless its too much power for them and you will hear that alot.