GO Engine .28 pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGETITAN

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Engine is new in box, instructions do not indicate the type of glow plug to be used. Box is marked R2800-M10HSG. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this uses a standard plug or a turbo plug?

Engine is new in box, instructions do not indicate the type of glow plug to be used. Box is marked R2800-M10HSG. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this uses a standard plug or a turbo plug?
Hmmm it does not have one in it I gather? Plugs are pretty cheap, you could always order a standard type plug and see how far it threads down on the “button”. If it’s not in there far enough go with a long reach type, such as the OS lc4. An os#8, is an example of a standard reach. If it required a turbo type I think it would state that somewhere. There has to be a recommendation on cold or hot, and what type?

If you take a flashlight and look into the plug hole you should be able to tell. A standard plug will have a hole the same size as the threads. A turbo plug will have a smaller hole than the threads. Turbo plugs are not threaded all the way through. (By hole I mean what you can see through into the combustion chamber or top of piston.)

Hmmm it does not have one in it I gather? Plugs are pretty cheap, you could always order a standard type plug and see how far it threads down on the “button”. If it’s not in there far enough go with a long reach type, such as the OS lc4. An os#8, is an example of a standard reach. If it required a turbo type I think it would state that somewhere. There has to be a recommendation on cold or hot, and what type?
I could quote the verbage, but it basically was a generic instruction manual. It talked of the threaded hole opening having a wider surface with a conical cut to the edge denoting a turbo plug. I think I will try a few know it all types at a couple of local hobby shops, although most long ago went all electric, having abandoned nitro engines. I thank you for the response however as most of my collection are far too old to give a good comparison, most of them missing their glow plugs as well. None of mine that I'm aware of have a turbo plug. I have forgotten too much with the infrequent chances to enjoy the hobby due to work. Thanks.

If you take a flashlight and look into the plug hole you should be able to tell. A standard plug will have a hole the same size as the threads. A turbo plug will have a smaller hole than the threads. Turbo plugs are not threaded all the way through. (By hole I mean what you can see through into the combustion chamber or top of piston.)
I will try that first, make a determination in my mind, then double check with a couple of local hobby shops. I have to go into town anyway, just hate a long distance wasted trip. Thank you.