Glow plug protector.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I don't take care of my glow plugs like I should. Many of us have a story or two to tell about how a good/bad glow plug made all the difference. As I was cleaning out my pit box, as usual, they were either new in the package or rolling around unprotected.
Which prompted the below picture. It's just some surgical tubing and you can even write on it with a sharpie for quick reference.

31102471-9c8e-02000180-.jpg

Thats an good idea... I'm assuming you could use fuel line also, i dont have much access to surgical tubing :D

I found this at a local medical supply store, but yeah, I'm sure if you found some of the larger fuel tubing, that would work just as well. It's also the same stuff they use on those fancy sling-shots or as they are sometimes called "wrist-rockets".

You can also get it for cheap (around 2.00 a foot) at most good hardware stores.

PS: it also makes a good waterbaloon/rock/egg launcher not like I'm insiniuating anything

I like the caddies too, but I think you're right. I'm sure you could make them for less than six bucks. Most folks have one or access to a tap/die set, drill and bits, etc. Coming up with the round plug would be the only challenge. Probably just get the local metal yard to cut some blanks from some stock.

I'd buy one with the RCNT logo on it. But it'd have to be something etched in it, not just a decal that'll come off with use.

What I use now is my glow plug/wheel nut wrench. Many wrenches have the glow plug holes in them for storage.

Yeah I use mine too but sometimes it hurts like a mother f#$%& when I go to tighten up my buggy wheels :(

For the most part, I just leave them in the package in the bottom of my field box until I need them.

Ok guys, I'm on a mission for the KickAss RCNT glow caddy!

Boooooyaaaaaaa!

Christian that's a great idea I know something like that would sell with no problems. Newayz the surgical tubing is an excellent idea. I find glo plugs at the bottom of my box all the time.

Great, now you guys have me thinking too! I have Aluminum and surgical stainless rods here (solid rectangular pieces) that I dug up when cleaning up. Anyone know what the tap size is for the glowpugs so I don't have to pull out the tap reference guide? Wouldn't take me long to drill the holes and tap them out. I might even put a highspeed, mirror polish on it too. If anyone can make the stencil for the etching of the logo, I would be able to do that too. Otherwise I'll just stamp the holders with my name on it.

Hmmmm, 4 plugs/side @ 4 sides ... 16 glowplugs ... I'm gonna do it. Put a ring on it and it'll be like a keychain holder.

Id buy a couple of those glow plug caddies Christian... If you make a few with the rcnt logo, I'm in...

As for 6 bucks a pop, thats insane, i used to be a machinist and i tell you what, its only about a buck or 2 for POUNDS of aluminum so you know he is raping in the profits :D

Keep us informed

i put my plugs in a tic tac thing. its kinda like a little dispenser. but i would probably buy one of those caddy's for a few bucks

i'd buy an RCNT plug holder.

if you think $6 is expensive. Francis plug holder.

wiita

Originally posted by Nitro_Keebler
Thats an good idea... I'm assuming you could use fuel line also, i dont have much access to surgical tubing :D
That's what I was thinking. You could also add some fuel in the tubing and a glow igniter for some spectacular results.

Originally posted by wiita
i'd buy an RCNT plug holder.

if you think $6 is expensive. Francis plug holder.

wiita
Where's the rcnt plug holder?