getting a Wii. any advice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm picking up a Wii package this weekend as an early xmas for my girls kids (and for us..).

It comes with the Wii, one wiimote, wii sports, wii sports add on package (with the bat, racket, etc), MnM racing, carnival games, and the Wii fit with pad.

What are the "have to have" games? I want stuff we can all play together, or at least 2 players at a time.

Can you get online with the Wii? and is the online play any good?

I'm assuming i need another Wiimote, or will one do for now?

what other accessories should i look into? charge station, infrared bar, etc.

Thanks!

You're going to enjoy the Wii, I'm sure. We have one and while we don't play it a lot, when we do we have a blast.

I'm not a big console gamer so I can't give you any feedback on the awesome, must have games. Honestly when we play our Wii we play the game that comes with the plain Wii (love the bowling and tennis!), we also play the Wii fit (drunken Wii, trying to ski jump is funny as hell). Also the Wii Play game is also fun and includes another Wiimote - you're going to need one anyways.

As for accessories we have the Nyko’s charge station and never had any problems with it and it's pretty cheap. Other than the charging station we really don't have anything extra for it. We did buy one or two of the classic controller so the lil lady can play Mario, Super Mario, and Mario Go Cart.

Infrared bar - don't need to buy one, it comes with the console and can support 4 or 8 controllers at once.

Hope that helps a little bit, enjoy!

I can bowl for hours... I absolutely love the bowling/tennis/golfing/baseball game. Hours of fun for those of us who aren't fans of classical "video games". :)

Wii Sports Resort is a ton of fun.
Any of the Rayman Raving Rabids.
OH! Definitely Mario Kart Wii.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Both summer and winter.
Rock Band.
And since I'm an old school Nintendo fool, I have Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

we had guitar hero for the 360 and are burnt out on it, but I'm really interested in the sports stuff. it comes with wii sports and the controler adaptors, but i may have to check out this resort one!! so the wii comes with the infrared bar?

Look on your box, it will tell you included in the box is a "sensor bar". All Wii's include this, it has too since all the remotes are wireless.

Get a second controller and numchuk. Sharing is a PITA.

x2 on the sharing bit. And get rechargeable batteries - trust me on that lol. :)

charging station/battery pack combo, second controler/chuck, fit is awesome. I'm waiting for the original mario disk to come out soon 1,2,3 on one disk.

OHHH the Sports game is GREAT, my kids loved it. Super Smash Bros is a fun game too. The fitness game with the balance board it well worth it as well.

tiger woods 10, awesome game u can also play disc golf, get the wii motion plus its a must have

Your going to love the Wii, when your ready to just have fun it can't be beat!

If you like the older Nintendo games buy an sd card and some wii points...I just downloaded Excite Bike!

apline I just seen your sig... "Die douche die. All Hail WOODIE!!!" wtf? LoL

apline I just seen your sig... "Die douche die. All Hail WOODIE!!!" wtf? LoL

I sent you a link woodie. Go there. LMAO. I am surprised you just saw that. I think you will understand. :D

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA Thats been there a while.