gasket sealant?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, looking at buying a picco .26 jl and need to also seal up and repair a couple things on my trx3.3. what sealant does everyone use/recommend?

This is some rc specific stuff that is wicking so you put it on when engine is assembled and it is also safe for nitro fuel (unlike most gasket maker).

Luck 7

So lucky 7 can be used fit sealing from inside motor as such as well as outside. And what brand is the copper stuff u guys use or just any?

I use permatex ultra copper like in the link above, but the lucky 7 stuff really interest me so i bought me a bottle and gonna try it out!

Well i used the lucky 7 wicking sealant last night and it was nice and easy to use!! Just put a few drops on and watch it go to work!! Really cool product for all us lazy people!!

Lucky 7 is the nitro engine sealant of tomorrow. I've been using it for 2 years on my engines and I haven't had any air leak issues since. You just have to make sure your engine is nice and clean. I leave the backplate bolts hand tight while applying the sealer, then I immediately tighten them afterwords.
The rtv does work, but nitro can eat into it and it always makes a mess!

Lucky 7 is the nitro engine sealant of tomorrow. I've been using it for 2 years on my engines and I haven't had any air leak issues since. You just have to make sure your engine is nice and clean. I leave the backplate bolts hand tight while applying the sealer, then I immediately tighten them afterwords.
The rtv does work, but nitro can eat into it and it always makes a mess!

Completely agree!! I will never use RTV again!!!!

Ok so they say u can use this on your needles, does it dry hard or is it a soft, flexible material? Won't using it on needles make them hard to turn?

---------- Post added at 7:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:42 AM ----------

Talking about lucky 7 btw

I would NOT use on the needles!!!!! It does dry fairly hard and will make those needles stick i would think, i use team associated "green slime" grease for the HSN and LSN. Just enough to coat the top threaded part of the needles.

Back