Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team 17

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is the best brand of fuel? And what % Nitro should be used?

You're going to find A LOT of different answers to this one. I use Byron Race 2000. It's the only fuel my not-so-local hobby shop carries and it's very affordable. It works great and I've had good luck with it. I run 20% Nitro as do most of the guys here. But be prepared to get about 20 different opinions on this one...

I prefer Trinity Monster 20% but I may try some O'donnel for my next gallon, I have heard good things about that fuel.

I use O'Donnell 20% Race Blend. The fuel keeps temps down and holds a tune. It's also cheaper than Trinity or or Blue Thunder at mh LHS.

Generally the type of fuel you use is not too important. A great starter fuel is one that's about 20% nitro and 14% castor oil. Sky and I bash all the time. He runs some blue colored 20% nitro and I am running Trinity Platinum 30% nitro, however, neither of us can honestly say that either fuel is truly better than the other. We both use what appealed to us whenever we decided on what fuel to run and pretty much stuck with it.

Ok Pirata, that's why your 21BB rocks. 30% eh? And there aint nothin wrong with the smurf juice.

But for Gods sake don't run that fuel additive that makes your exhaustl smell like grapes. A guy at the track Sunday was, and it made my head ache. I mean it was like duct taping a can of ho-house air freshener to his truck, punching a hole in the can and buzzing around making everything smell like grapes. Damn, I smelled that crap all day Monday too.

I wonder what it was doing to his engines innards...

I use what is in Stock, could be Trinity MH 20% could be , BT 20%, could be BT race formula 20% they all work great so I dunno which is the best. Which is the most used by racers? I think most run Odonnel.............

Another vote for O'Donnell 20%. If the LHS doesn't have that in stock I use Byron 20%.

Blue Thunder Race Formula 20% (had to change my blue lines, couldn't see a dang thing) !!

Odonnle 20%. Distinct smell, but not fruity for sure.

Runs GREAT in all of my mills all the time.

Trinity platinum 30% here,nothing special about it,my car does perform well on it though!:dancin:

I'm trien different types of fuel first i tried o'donnel 20 % then trinity monster 20% and now I'm gonna try the traxxas 20 % i havent had any trouble switching fuel and one more thing i bought 20 % o'donnel and it didnt have a seal thing on it u no the one when u take the cap off and their is the paper thing under yea that weird was it suppoesed to have it

This past bash session with Sky and Error I must say I was impressed with the 40% smurf juice I was using.

PowerMaster Premium model engine fuel 20%. (The only thing my LHS carries.) Does anybody else use this stuff?

Good body, nice bouquet, and the bridesmaids aren't too bad either.

i got o'donnell 20% and it is working great so far.

bryan