Sold / Found FS: Custom 200mm HPI Stratus

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Up for grabs is a custom painted (by me) 200mm HPI Dodge Stratus. All done with Createx and FasKolor paints. Dodge logo on the hood and wing are painted, not decals. This will fit any 200mm TC chassis such as the Nitro RS4 and Nitro TC3.
stratus4wt8.jpg

stratus3hf9.jpg

stratus1zj9.jpg

Asking $60 shipped to US addresses. Prefer Paypal only. PM me if interested.

Evening bump for the TC crew...

Wow Jeff That is very cool...Any one that buys it will be happy with candymans paint job.

Another bump-o-rama.

As the proud owner of a Candyman-painted body, I can say you will absolutely be thrilled having it on your rig! If you own a road rig and need a bitchin' lid, you can't go wrong with the Candyman!

Auction was about as successful as SweetDiesel in a nudie bar so it's back up for sale.
If you're interested, PM me with an offer. I'll entertain anything reasonable.

Bump for a great guy with a sweet body! (ok... that sounded pretty ***** haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
Buggyracer28 said:

Dont worry, it goes well with your rainbow sig...:gulp:

Buggyracer28 said:
Oh Good Lord.....:gulp:

Bump for the new millennium.

Ok, digging this one up and dusting it off. Still available for the post-Christmas crowd.

Nice paint job Candyman....I would have to buy a car to go with it. ;)

Will you custom paint lids if I send them to you? Or are these just extras from your own cars?

Jeff, I have givin up trying to sell bodies to try and make a few bucks. People have no clue how much time actually goes into propperly trimming, masking, and painting a body. Or take in to consideration the cost of the body, paint, and masking material, be it tape, vinyl, or liquid masks. At what you are asking shipped you are lucking to break even. I only paint for myself and my friends now, and barely break even on my expenses, after quoting people what I thought was a very fair price to do a custom job, and then being told things like, "wow, that much" and "that's a lot more than I thought it would be" or "I didn't want to spend that much" I just don't want to deal with that anymore.

Good luck with your sale though bud!

That is one sweet lid. Somebody needs to pick this one up.

Guys come on! This body is sick!

Joe, I agree for the most part. I love to paint them. It's a challenge and an artistic outlet at the same time. And it's awesome to see a design come together. It is too bad that some people don't understand all that goes on behind the scenes. I've seen painted bodies in Ebay in the $20 range. That's less than the clear body costs. I tried twice in Ebay and got nothing. So I have relegated my work to work on request or stuff I want to do for me.

Talon, if you're interested in a custom lid, just drop me a PM and I'd be happy to see if I can help you out.

I've seen painted bodies in Ebay in the $20 range. That's less than the clear body costs.

Me too, and to me that is just an insult, especially with clear bodies now costing in the 25-30 dollar range.

Theres still a few guys I will still paint a lid for if asked, and I'm happy to do it, however they don't expect me to take a loss either. But to paint one to try and sell is a losing proposition in most cases. So I have a pile of bodies I have painted for ME, lol.

I tried twice in Ebay and got nothing. So I have relegated my work to work on request or stuff I want to do for me.
Really? my body i just posted got to $55 overnight the first time i listed it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.