Front chassis plate angle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently crashed my Baja and the front plate is bent up slightly. It's not too bad of a bend, and should be fixable pretty easily.

Can someone with a Baja 5b of their own please measure the angle of the front of the chassis rail? I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you.
Zach

The angle is 18 degrees. If you sit the chassis flat on a table and measure from the table up to the bottom edge of the front lip, you should get 31mm. Hope that helps ya bud..

The angle is 18 degrees. If you sit the chassis flat on a table and measure from the table up to the bottom edge of the front lip, you should get 31mm. Hope that helps ya bud..

Yes, that is exactly what I needed. Thanks :D

EDIT: never mind, I managed to improvise a 'bending bench' with my dad's big bench press. It worked perfectly, and although it won't ever be quite the same I think it's close enough.

Last edited:
If you can do it without heat, that would be best. Using heat on aluminum will weaken the alloy permanently, causing it to bend even easier later on.. Try using a vise if possible.

If you can do it without heat, that would be best. Using heat on aluminum will weaken the alloy permanently, causing it to bend even easier later on.. Try using a vise if possible.

LOL! Check out the edit on my previous post... nice timing! lol

double check that * number. i thought it was set at 11*.

ya Andy (Scorpian) is one of my local guys. got that piece here, just waiting on the new lightened chassis to swap out for the polished chassis ihave here for my hooters build. broke my tongue off last fall at the Hostile Bash.

double check that * number. i thought it was set at 11*.

ya Andy (Scorpian) is one of my local guys. got that piece here, just waiting on the new lightened chassis to swap out for the polished chassis ihave here for my hooters build. broke my tongue off last fall at the Hostile Bash.

Ouch... and a NORMAL chassis ain't cheap.

ya, just to clarify, i broke the tongue off my stock chassis i anod orange on the hooters build, NOT the polished one. i got that afte i got back from the hostile event, but found out about the lightended ones just after i got the polished one, so its new in bag yet, just waiting for a lightened one to swap with.

i got the brace piece afterwards too. if i would of had that, i wouldnt need a new chassis. lol
but ya, none of them are all that cheap.

Back