foc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semperfi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i am just a basher but was thinking of doing the foc conversion without the center diff conversion i hardly ever use reverse when just bashing i just want the weight savings. is this a good idea or not.

YES!! it is the best idea ever.. lol the reverse is a weak link on revo's or really any traxxas nitro for that matter lol.. The foc will make your receiver pack last longer and your truck a little faster also removing a weak link.

thanks rbrevo, any other suggestions for just bashing to improve on got about 200 bucks to spend

yes-do the foc conversion-will save some weight also-i hardly used reverse anyway 2-200 bucks can get u some nice stuff-rpm suspension arms r a good investment-like 40 bucks total for a complete set-the revo's pretty durable-u dont need much-I've heard of shock ends breaking to-i havent broke mine yet. single steering servo conversion-pro-line arm-better steering servo w/atleast 150oz in. of tourqe. maybe better rods for the suspension to arm connection.

get the FOC.
Convert to single servo steering.
Get the lunsford pushrod and rpm a-arms
and you'll be golden

i already have rpm arms and axle carriers. can i use a digital servo with the 5309 model or what

The 2075 servo is supposed to be digital. I use one for my throttle on a 5309.
And I can only say that I haven't had any problems with my FOC, I can't say I noticed a huge difference, but it definitely didn't hurt.