Flux 3 speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sup guys? hey just wondering I have a flux and am running a lipo setup with it so yeah it's fast. Question I have is does anyone know if the 2 or 3 speed that hpi puts out would be strong enough to handle the power of the flux. I love the power that the flux has don't get me wrong but I am thinking to myself that a 2 or 3 speed setup might get rid of some of the rediculous amounts of wheelies this thing does. I dunno I'm just thinkin out loud. I have a spare 3 speed tranny sittin around and am contemplating putting it in and seeing what she does.

Highly doubtful, a good nitro engine will destroy a 2 0r 3 speed easily. Exetreme RC Mods has a few pics, he may share with us. His engines will destroy Savage trannies like nothing I have ever seen.

it may handle it, but even so the 3 speed has a lower 1st gear so puttin the 3 speed in will make it wheelie even more

Put your 3 speed in and lock your second gear into first and lock your third gear into second. There's a "how to" somewhere online about how to do it. Terry

I will wait for someone like sweetdiesel or one of the other electric gods to reply but I am pretty sure that Brushless motor on the Flux would destroy that tranny with a good lipo setup. It would seem that with the linear power curve of electric it wouldn't work but I have been known to talk out my butt so...:hehe:

3 sppeed

dont bother i tried putting the 3 speed in my flux it held up for about five min then 2nd gear snapped in half the flux has to much torqe for a nitro trans

There are a few different ways to control wheelies. And I agree that changing to the 3 speed is not the answer.

First way is to learn some throttle control. Part of the fun and challenge of this hobby is learning how to control and drive your RC. Not only will throttle control make you a better driver, it will save wear and tear on your parts.

The second way which is combined with the first way is to re-program the throttle curve on your ESC to a negative exponential curve. You'll need the Castle link to do this via computer/laptop. This will decrease the amount of throttle in the beginning of your trigger pull and increase the amount of throttle in the ending of your trigger pull. You can also lower your startup power and decrease your punch control settings, however by doing this you decrease the overall power of the system so your top end will hurt vs changing the throttle exponential. If you are using an aftermarket transmitter, you may also have throttle exponential as one your options to set.

The third way to soften your bottom end (insert joke here) is to run a larger pinion and or smaller spur gear. You'll need to make sure your packs are up to the task as amp draw will be increased (along with higher top speed. :D)

Last edited:
flux programer

ok i got a flux i have the programer kit my brake and throttle curves are a S shape.my punch controll is at 70% i run 2 smc 5200mach lippos i run a stock pinnion witch is a 20 i think my spur is a 47 3 up from stock I'm looking for more low end i have the jumbo kong tires on it and need more low end should i put the punch controll at 100% or lower it to 50% and if at 100% will the esc overheat

Back