Flamed airbrush work

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentWov

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all, just wanted to show off my latest airbrush work. Actually the black team car in the front is only my 5th airbrush effort. It's got the carbon-fiber trick ghosting the flames that you can't see in the pic. I'm having a great time painting team cars for my friends, and theres alot more to learn. Used a Pasche 2-stage and a Sears 1-gallon compressor.(thanks Humboldtblazer) The Blue one is my NTC3.

Whadda ya'll think?
Paint4.jpg

Those are very nice. I really like the blue one, that color really makes those flames stand out and look awsome. Very nice Job!

I'll always have some blue on my car since it's the only Associated in the lot.<G> The other three are HPI R40s. I like that the flames are a unique design, drawn out on frisket paper, cut with an exacto, to be used as flame masks. I'm working up the nerve of trying the Bob Dively's liquid mask.

And its a kick to see my teammates' cars racing around with my paint work.

Last edited:
Great work SilentWov... Keep em comin...

Hmmmm... Frisket paper? I'll have to try that stuff. I think it's exactly what I've been looking for...

Bob Dively, Liquid mask can be a real pain to use... You'll need to put down at least 4 coats, to get it thick enough to easily peel off, once painted...

looks sweet man. can u do the bubble flames yet?

later

i was just wondering if he knows how to do them. mind ur own business.

later

..........."looks sweet man. can u do the bubble flames yet?"

The bubble flames are whats left on the mask after you cut away the flames? <G> Yeah, it seems a shame to throw that part away.

............."Hmmmm... Frisket paper? I'll have to try that stuff. I think it's exactly what I've been looking for... "

You'll find it at an art supply store. Its like low-tack vinyl. The regular sticky vinyl left some glue residue behind for me that I thought would show in the color. (it didn't on white though)

Maxx Trooper said:
i was just wondering if he knows how to do them. mind ur own business.

later

Whoa! Why the hostility my friend? Damn, he merely asked what bubble flames were. Must you tear his head off for it? Chill out, bro! Here's a brewski on me: :cheers:

Either way, what are bubble flames? Nice job though on the stratus'!

That's the first time I've ever heard them called Bubble flames.. lol
They're called Big Drips. Here's a lid I painted for the 1st ECB.

52drips3_Small_.jpg

Nice job on the bodies!!

That picture of ImBroken's body doesn't do it enough justice. I was able to see that body at the Orlando bash and it looked awesome!!!

nice bodies guys... dam that dosent sound right LOL. those big drips are nothin. i got to get some of my flames up on here.