Fioroni's Team Option to come out with smart part!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I love this idea and I cannot think why no one else has made it yet.

logoOT.gif

New parts seen at a Fioroni Team-Driver at tests in sweden

parasassi.jpg

parasassi1.jpg

Source's: http://www.buggy-sport.info & source: http://www.modellismorc.net/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! When I get a buggy, that'll likely be one of my first hop-ups.

It makes a lot of sense; less gas spilled on the clutch and stuff. But there will still be the openings on the bottom, so it'll still get all dirty.

the issue is if stuff gets in it can't come out as easily.... which is worse than leaving it open.

personally i've never had a single problem with the open setup and i'd leave it like that, the good old 'if it aint broke dont fix it' rule applies here i think.

but i guess if you've had issues with the open gears, it might be a good idea.

I would just watch for more heat buildup around the clutch area. But other than that, I like it!!

have you ever seen a corner marshal get his finger all chewed up from the gears? i have, and it can make a feller sick listening to it.
if a car loses its body this can easily happen. even though the local club rule is to leave any car alone that has lost its body (guess where that idea came from), these things can still happen.

i dont think the clutch temperature will rise enough to hurt anything. that little contraption will also help keep the fuel lines out of the flywheel. and if you have ever had a rock get inside the car and get pinched between the flywheel and chassis or even the spur gear and chassis you will see the logic in this new part. i dont think it has much to do with keeping dirt out of the car. the only way to do that would be to leave it on the shelf. good idea imo.

Last edited:
But the rocks that get into my car and stop the flywheel or clutch seem to always get in from the holes on the bottom - and this thing would simply lock them in with the gears instead of allowing them to be spit out the rear of the car.

Unless you know your track is rock free and you don't do any general bashing, I can't see how this thing could be good. But hey, that's just me =)

flash said:
have you ever seen a corner marshal get his finger all chewed up from the gears? i have, and it can make a feller sick listening to it.
if a car loses its body this can easily happen. even though the local club rule is to leave any car alone that has lost its body (guess where that idea came from), these things can still happen.

What were the corner marshall's fingers doing in that area in the first place?

cbreaker said:
But the rocks that get into my car and stop the flywheel or clutch seem to always get in from the holes on the bottom - and this thing would simply lock them in with the gears instead of allowing them to be spit out the rear of the car.

Unless you know your track is rock free and you don't do any general bashing, I can't see how this thing could be good. But hey, that's just me =)

My question is how do you know they are coming from the bottom. My chassis opening is very small where my flywheel sticks out. when the flywheel is spinning (engine runnin) it makes it near impossible to get debree in that hole (please try it). Granted nothing is full proof but my rocks come from the front tires kicking them up and they go through the front of the body where the steering arm is ( big hole for rocks to come in so check it out) Also under rare occasion they come in from the back where the suspesion opening is. Granted the part is not for everyone but if your engine ever shut off for what seemed like no reason in the middle of a main only to find out a rock was the cuplrit that got between the flywheel and clutchbell then I would reccomend checking this out. Fioroni doesn't really make too many fluff parts and thier main focus is racing so I would take that in to account.

Last edited:
mattyk6- the marshal was inexperienced and just got yelled at moments before. he was trying to hurry about his job with a car whose body fell off during the crash that he had to marshal it. chalk it up to assholes who yell at marshals and inexperience. things happen.

HumboldtBlazer said:
My question is how do you know they are coming from the bottom.

Usually I can tell because the engine will stall of the gears will get stuck after a chassis smack landing. This wouldn't protect that from happening (nothing except plugging those holes would.) However, I can't help but think that many other times when I chassis smack, and the engine doesn't stall, that sometimes debris are getting in there but just not catching on anything. The debris would just slide out of the car unless I had this thing on there.

I know Fioroni's track record. They make *excellent* parts - I've never once heard a bad thing about them. I have several Fioroni parts on my car and I would recommend the stuff to anyone that can afford it. I'm sure the've got some practical reason for trying out this type of hopup - I just can't really figure what that is at this point. The only thing I can think of is that it might be good for pro-level drivers on really nice tracks.

flash said:
mattyk6- the marshal was inexperienced and just got yelled at moments before. he was trying to hurry about his job with a car whose body fell off during the crash that he had to marshal it. chalk it up to assholes who yell at marshals and inexperience. things happen.

Gosh, I don't even want to think about what his finger could have looked like after that..

The no body no flip rule isn't a bad one I guess. I mean, you can get a broken body to last the day with some duct tape usually so there's really no excuse to running without one unless it falls off during the race. =)

flash - the marshall would have had to be pretty retarded to jam his fingers in there, because anyone with half a brain usually doesn't jam their fingers into the drivetrain to pick up a car.

"Oh look, there's a buggy flipped over, lets not flip it over with its wing or sideguards, lets jam our fingers right into the center gearbox and with some luck we'll get to make the guys car look like your screen while playing xaero on nightmare in quake3"

too far? I couldn't resist.

That is one hell of an idea. Nice find!

Back