finally have a t maxx...........kinda

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelmcgau

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so last week i pulled the bank card out and bought a 3.3 and front diff, drive shafts etc for my 2.5 smaxx. had quick wee blast with it on my street and can't believe how different the handling is. do you think it would be worth adjusting the slipper clutch??? i had mine done up pretty tight with the s maxx because it just spun the wheels but now with the extra traction I'm worried about chewing my drive train.

I would'nt.

but lots of guys are gonna say yes.

......Like me. You should loosen it a little so it can do it's job. Your best bet is to convert it to the newer style.

would definetly check it because I because if it is too loose you could melt it!!! but i Have always heard tighten it then back it off a 1/4 of a turn. Thats what I have done with mine and still do the same thing with the new clutch setup... I like the new slipper setup because less melting of the spur gear and pegs!!!!

hahahaha first day out and stripped the gear lol luckly enough this has happened a few times before so i decided to get a few spare so 20 mins later i was good to go again.

ended up loosenin it of a bit. still dont think its perfect but sure rome wasn't built in a day

Did you put all 12 pegs in the spur?

I refuse to change to the new style slipper, never have had a problem with old style.

i agree wth nitro all pegsd will save you from going through spur gears, i havent changed mine in awhile probley 3 years

Back