FG Monster beetle???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNorris

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anybody driven one? there is a guy near me selling one that is like 5 years old but he says you can't tell the difference from new, it's pretty much stock and he says the engine is new but it's the same one that came stock, it's got 1 gallon of 30:1 on it. Is it worth 500 bucks do you think?

Last edited:
one thing up front, fg made two different monster beetles, one that was based on the marder chassis and one that was based on the monster chassis, the monster chassis came with 26cc zenoah , the marder with 23cc, the marder has single suspenssion the monster double, marder has side protectors out of plastic monster aluminum :)

The price difference between both is approx. 70 $ of the retail price

if its in a good shape and has the 26cc zenoah on it, i would say yes, if he includes radio equipment, I've seen fg s sold for 750 lately used with rc stuff on a cpl occasions.

hope that helped a bit. if you need more details about the difference of both, feel free to add me in msn or such :)

found two pics for you:
fg monster beetle pro / monster chassis based:
logo_beetle_pro_clear_body_ezr.jpg

fg monster beetle / marder chassis based:
1211181972-31482.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they are both great but a monster based beetle will take more bashing then a marder based beetle.
$500 isn't bad I think as they are selling for about £700 new in UK.

Back