Favorite food

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boudin is prettymuch a spicy jambalaya with more meat, more moist rice and all wrapped up like a sausage. But its not necessarily wrapped, more like stuffed into a pig intestine. Delish....

just to help clarify, jambalaya is similar to what some people call "dirty rice" or "rice dressing"

must be REAL boudin, nothing of this plastic wrapping crap. Must be real pig innards.

Oh yea, Abita Turbo Dogg, with crawfish etouffee, but only home made.
For those of you who have not had the chance to try Abita Beer, sucks for you and you need to find a way to get some.

I forget some places sell it pre packed . In my little area there are several meat markets that make it fresh twice a day, +1 on Abita beer!

BTW, my wife made a crawfish etoufee last night :D

Last edited:
One of my friends and I caught an ass load of crawdads at a lake using our diving gear. Little buggers did not have a chance.

There were 8 of us huddled around the pile after we boiled them up.

They were good, but I must say I never had to work so hard on a meal in my life. Fingers were all pruned up getting the good stuff out of the shells.

WHAT???? Diving for crawfish. WTF is wrong with yall. Use a trap. Its easy.
1. Flood the rice field.
2. Wait a few weeks.
3. Set your traps.
4. Go home drink a 6 pack.
5. Pick up traps.
6. Cook and eat.

What is wrong with you people. Havent yall learned from us in the south, just how productive being lazy can be? You spend hours diving, For somthing that yall call "crawdads", when we just get drunk and have CRAWFISH basicly come to us. lol.
and they call US backwards.

All that Cajun food sounds good right about now.

You are EXACTLY right. I have a $800 gas grill and cook station on the deck, and I do use it sometimes when I get home after a hard day at work and want to grill something in a hurry. But when I'm actually cooking a nice dinner grilling good steaks, I push that stainless steel behemoth (sp) out of the way and fire the old faithful Weber. There's nothing else like it.

I saw a special on TV about the Weber steak house located in Chicage I believe. It's on my list of things I must do during my vacation time in the next few years. They've got about 6 or 8 weber grills lined up that are about 6 feet in diameter, and they cook with nothing but charcoal. They have their charcoal prep and grilling down to a fine science, and it was amazing to watch them cook a steak. They even have the grills built with several Weber logos, and every single steak that they serve has the Weber emblem seared onto both sides of the steak perfectly, it's absolutely amazing.
I saw the Weber steakhouse on tv too. Maybe on "How It's Made?"

Man, I thought everyone cooked with the gas grills anymore. I don't even own one, but been looking. Has anyone tried cooking on them with the smoke pouches like on "License To Grill?" Always wanted to try it.

My little charcoal grill is about gone. Thinking about getting a smoker like this. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8154150 Been wanting a smoker and I can still use it for a grill.

Forgot some food. Rabbit. Guy I used to work with would bring some for us every once in a while. DAMN!!! I don't hunt, but I have thought about it just for that.
Catfish. Gotta love it if it's fixed right.

And if it is a nice meal. Killian Red to wash it down with. :yes:

One of my friends and I caught an ass load of crawdads at a lake using our diving gear. Little buggers did not have a chance.

There were 8 of us huddled around the pile after we boiled them up.

They were good, but I must say I never had to work so hard on a meal in my life. Fingers were all pruned up getting the good stuff out of the shells.

Same thing with Blue Crabs... Have to pick your fingers raw to get a good meal, but with a few cold beers and few dozen crabs spiced up real well, and you have some good eats! They taste even better if you caught them yourself that morning.