Fail safe.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobmyster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi. I'm new to the r/c thing. I have a hpi savage. Has the fail safe bit changed batteries n now break on. Why is this. Please someone help me or it's goin up the wall. Ha. Cheers.

Hi. How u re program it mate. Thanks.

If I'm correct, witch you can find info on google and youtube, there should be a small button, and there is something you need to do with the remote, and then hold down the button for so many seconds, if i am correct, you want to hold the breaks to the amount you plan to use then hold the button, but i could be wrong, all i know is something about the controller and holding the button, because i do not know for a fact, i would suggest looking up the owners manual for your race guard...:)

What is the brand name of the race guard/fail safe??

Hi Mate cheers for that. Not sure the make it's in th shed. Jut the normal one. Name a name! I held break in all the way for 3 secs. Think it could be that then. I have no manual bought off eBay last week. U have a savage. Cheers.

Well I'm having a hard time finding the manuals, but i will keep searching for yah, and no, i have a t-maxx, the race guard i have is made by dynamite, it is currently fried but i remember reading some of the manual, just trying to find it right now to kinda re-cap...:)

I found this, hope it helps! :Race Guard protects nitro racers from the hazards of signal loss and battery failure, and now it's available for the popular Airtronics M8 racing system. The Dynamite Race Guard Fail-Safe plugs in between the throttle servo and the receiver and monitors the radio signal and voltage. If interferences occurs or the battery gets low, Race Guard kicks in, moving the throttle servo to a preset position (normally full brakes) and holds that position until the problem is resolved. To set up Race Guard, just hold the throttle at the position where you want it to go if interference occurs, then push the button on the radio guard. Dynamite's Race Guard is great for boats too.

So i was correct, you want to apply the breaks to where you want the race guard to apply them when it is activated, to program it, apply the breaks to that point, then hold down the button, you should have a green light if it is ready to go, green-normal, orange-brake set, red-signal loss, flash-low battery...:)

O right. Thanks for ur time n help. So switch car n remote on. Then hold throttle a little bit? Does it bleep or anythin. N it is a dynamite. T maxx? Any good. Il give it a bash see if releases it. Cheers mate.

Right ok. Il get it out weekend then c. But it's red at the min. Wen I bought it red lite was flashin. So hold break in then a little. Hope it works. Just wanna take it n bash it up. Ha.they fast do u no. Was 25 engine now a 26? Any good do u no.

No problem, and you don't want to hold the throttle, you want to hold the brakes, turn on car and remote, apply brakes to where you want them to engage to once the fail safe kicks in witch i would just max out the brakes, then holding the brakes on hold the button down on the fail safe for a few seconds, you should get the green light when it is ready to go, then once you have issues like signal loss or dead batteries, the fail safe will remember the brakes you applied when programming it, and will do exactly that, so you don't want to hold the throttle then program it or if you have signal loss then it will be at that amount of throttle, you want to hold the breaks, be sure to do that! i love my t-maxx think it is a great truck and would not own much other than that or a revo....:)

Remember, to avoid doing it backwards and having it take off, when programming it, you want to hold the brakes, and not the throttle, once programmed, it will do exactly what you programmed it to do when having signal loss, so you definitely want it to hit the brakes when it is out of range!!...:)

That's great mate. And I wont put throttle on. Ha ha. Fook that it cost me alot a money. Ha. Ask me anythin bout bikes , these big boys toys ain't a clue. Ha. T maxx got gears? Gonna run it on 25% nitro. That be ok.

I don't know, sorry i didn't even notice your second message lol, yeah the blinking red should mean it is ready to be programmed, and i don't know much about the engine you talk of, i only have experience with smaller engines, my maxx goes pretty fast i was out twice today with it in the snow, and i understand about the bash it up haha, they can be a pain sometimes huh? i have never gotten to use my race guard right after i got it it fried so I'm still waiting for another, i just keep it close and pay attention haha, run aways are no fun i have had it happen all too many times back with my old electric, a run away either crashes into the neighbors house or gets ran over lmao not so fun at all...:)

something like 25%, i run 20% in my little 2.5 engine, and yes the t-maxx original tranny is 2-speed with reverse witch i break every time i fix it so i usually use the one speed forward only but it is fun gets up to about 40 where if i had the original tranny it would do 40+...:) fun toys definitely!...:)

The blinking red either means it needs to be programmed, or that your batteries or dead, on my race guard it sais: green=normal, orange=brake set, red=signal loss, flash=low battery....:)

Last edited:
Ha ha. To right. Happened to my previous one. Hpi firestorm . Smashed into a car tire, smashed bulkhead. Ha ha. Snow ? Where u live ? Fair play! U race then or ? N I hope it works I let u no weekend. Hopefuly it'll do it. Cheers.

I'm in Maine, in the u-s, "New England" up near Canada, and by New Hampshire, not racing yet but getting very much ready to do exactly that, but sadly no races start in maine at least until august give or take so i have a while, but need to upgrade my engine and get some extra's just in case and then once the track opens up I'm going to go give it a try very excited very good driver just have not been to a race yet, if all goes well i will get into the races and see about a trophy, but for a start i will go rounds on the track when it is open game get a feel for it and see if I'm good to qualify or not but definitely excited....yeah hope it works for yah too a good thing to have!...:)

if i got a fail safe would i need need anything special.

No. A failsafe is a complete self-contained unit that plugs in between the the throttle servo and the RX.

Back