EZ start on revo with picco max 0.26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidpain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK hooked up the ez start back on the revo today but wanted to know where is thr best place to put the ground wire and should i remove the glow plug wire?

put the ground wire on one of the engine mount screws on the gas tank side of the truck. at least that's how they come from the factory. if you're not planning on using the glow plug wire, i.e. you'll use a separate glow ignitor, then i'd just tie it back some place on the truck rather than removing it. it won't hurt anything in remaining attached but not used.

I think they recommend you remove the blue wire from the connector and take it off the vehicle completely if you plan on using an igniter. The reason being, your ez start will still apply power to the wire and if it hits something metal it could spark and possible damage something. You could wrap the metal end in electrical tape to prevent that, if you're not comfortable with removing it.

I just recently switch to using an igniter on my Revo because my battery in my ez start was low and was having trouble turning over the motor. I noticed a huge improvement in the ability and ease to start the engine with an igniter. It seems like the glow plug puts a big strain on the ez start batteries. It does make for an extra thing to carry, but with the ease in starting, it's worth it to me.

i switched mine up to a PS but i when i used to use the EZ start i would have at least a 3000mAh battery in there. would be good for starting it at least a dozen times.