Extreme Model Building

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbear

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
This video came across my YT feed today. If you have an hour and you like model building you may enjoy this. All I can say is “WOW”. I wish I had the patience to do something like this.

1988 McLaren MP4/4 1:2 Scale (Ayrton Senna)

Pretty cool. These are 1/2 scale, about the size of the one in the vid you shared. A company across the street from our shop in Indy made these for wind tunnel testing, and we made the parts for them. I actually made parts for them while at 3 different machine shops.
aerodynamic.jpg

auto-research-center-arcindy-indycar-dw12-wind-tunnel-model.jpg

I'm not sure how many of you are into extreme modeling. I came across this company's videos some time ago and thought I would share it here instead of starting a new thread. The models this company produces are from a collaboration with the car company itself. Amalgam Collection (the model maker) purchases the rights to the car they are going to make available to the public and that ensures that Amalgam has access to working mechanical blueprints for that particular car. Then Amalgam proceeds to build the model from the ground up in limited productions. The models are so accurate that the same paint codes for the original car are used on the model. These models are built to the customer's specifications and can cost many thousands of dollars. The 1:8 scale is what Amalgam built their reputation on. I urge you to take a little time and watch some of their videos they can be extremely fascinating.

Watch some of the Behind-the-Scenes videos. Really cool insights.

I'm not sure how many of you are into extreme modeling. I came across this company's videos some time ago and thought I would share it here instead of starting a new thread. The models this company produces are from a collaboration with the car company itself. Amalgam Collection (the model maker) purchases the rights to the car they are going to make available to the public and that ensures that Amalgam has access to working mechanical blueprints for that particular car. Then Amalgam proceeds to build the model from the ground up in limited productions. The models are so accurate that the same paint codes for the original car are used on the model. These models are built to the customer's specifications and can cost many thousands of dollars. The 1:8 scale is what Amalgam built their reputation on. I urge you to take a little time and watch some of their videos they can be extremely fascinating.

Watch some of the Behind-the-Scenes videos. Really cool insights.

Sweet! But no, I'll never own one.
Screenshot_20240522_095330.jpg

$33,210.00 ? They are lucky I'm spending my top dollar SSDI on fishing for the next several weeks.

Amazing detail, kind of glad I can't afford it, would kind of suck to be able to buy anything you want, you would just not appreciate it as much. But dang I appreciate the heck out of that! 😍

Back