Extended A-Arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercharged

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone use them?
I seen some made by fast lane machine and was wondering wether there worth getting
they would make the truck an inch wider so i'm thinking it should corner better
also one last question does anyone know of any other manufacturers that make them for a savage

All feedback would be appreciated

I have never used the extended arms but I did have a set of Imex wheels that had a crazy amount of offset. They made the Savy right at two inches wider.....They added stability but at the cost of some serious push when turning. Not worth it IMO.

SMaxxin said:
They added stability but at the cost of some serious push when turning. Not worth it IMO.
not quite sure what you mean

He means that it didn't turn well and it wasn't worth the money.

ok thats the reason i was looking at extended a-arms rather than offset wheels

supercharged said:
ok thats the reason i was looking at extended a-arms rather than offset wheels

Regardless of what method you use making it wider will result in less steering.

yeah, wider wheelbase = wider turning.

but more stability, wat do u think u do in motocross u don't use stock width a arms u get the widest u can

I hate to say this to you but isnt motocross a form of motorcycle racing??? I really dont see how you could make a bike wider.....

madfastbanshee405 said:
but more stability, wat do u think u do in motocross u don't use stock width a arms u get the widest u can

dougc said:
I hate to say this to you but isnt motocross a form of motorcycle racing??? I really dont see how you could make a bike wider.....

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on this one as well. Haven't seen too many dirtbikes with A-arms, but then again I live in Ohio, we're ten years behind everyone anyway!

Supernitro17 said:
yeah, wider wheelbase = wider turning.

Wheelbase isn't the width. It's the length from the center of the front wheel to the center of the rear wheel.
Longer wheelbase does mean wider turns tho...not necessarily because your turning radius is worse, but because you have to pull out more to make a turn.
Ex: making a right onto a road from a narrow road in a pick-up vs. in a civic.

SMaxxin said:
Regardless of what method you use making it wider will result in less steering.

i would of thought offset wheel would do this because the centre of the wheel is further away from the pivot there for more force would be needed to turn it e.g.with a pair of scissors you need less force to cut something nearer the pivot than at the end of the blade.
thats why i thought extended a-arms would be better because your not adjusting the offset to make it wider the centre of the wheel is the same distance from the pivot

It sounds like you really want them so just buy them. I was just giving my 2 cents, you might not have a problem with it.

SMaxxin said:
It sounds like you really want them so just buy them. I was just giving my 2 cents, you might not have a problem with it.

i don't really really want them i was just thinking if they would help my truck flip less and corner roughly the same they would be a good investment i just wanted peoples opinions cause they are quite expensive about £100

SMaxxin said:
Thats a lot of money for a set of arms!
i know
it includes 4 drive shafts 8 adjustable a-arms and turnbuckles

dougc said:

Check out his screen name, banshee is model/brand of a 4-wheeler and I believe they call quad runner racing motocross as well.

I don't think making arms wider hurts turning as much as making wheels wider. The pivot point moves with the length of the arm, but with extended "rims", it just puts more stress on the whole thing and doesn't hold the line as well.

I ran .75" offset rims on my savage and it turned just as sharp at low speeds as it did with stock rims. But, under power, it didn't turn worth a crap with the servo's I run (645MG). So, I went back to stock offset rims.

The extended arms might not affect your steering as much as everyone says you will if you run stock offset rims. the thing with offset rims is they effect the scrub radius of the steering and that is what causes the steering loss.

The extended arms will help will alignment and won't add as much stress to the steering parts as offset wheels do but.....Regardless how you do it, if you make it wider the turning radios will also get wider, his applies to rc, atv, and

Back