engine running with no pressure line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i have a question i could not get a stable tune,

without the pressure line i had a stable tune,

why is the engine running better without a pressure line ?
( why is the engine running at all without a pressure line ? )

here is the youtube link ( i dont know how to embed it could some one tell me thanks )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5O24Ov2V1c"]tamiya TGS - YouTube[/ame]

Settings are probably too rich and pulling the line off leans it out.

Settings are probably too rich and pulling the line off leans it out.

the settings are correct in the manual it is 1.5 turns for the hi speed and low speed needle

the high speed is at 1.25 turns from closed if i turn it any more its too lean and the idle becomes really high the low speed is at 0.75 to 1 turn and the idle is stable but will stall regardless of idle needle setting after about 10 seconds while the pressure line is connected

with the line disconnected and the exact same tune everything runs exactly the same but the idle is completely stable and dose not stall and i can richen and lean the idle and it dose respond to the adjustments

A factory setting is usually rich. Try leaning it out 1/4 turn on the LSN and try that with the pressure line connected.

Set your idle gap to .5mm and re-tune, sounds like the idle gap may be a little big.

i will do, i hate these rotary carbs i prefer slide carbs so much easier to tune, well for me it is any way

oh and the engine is a mix between tamiya FS-12 and thunder tiger pro 12, its the tamiya crank shaft, fly wheel, clutch, bell, carb, back plate. But the thunder tiger piston & sleeve, crank case and cooling head

i know its a mix mach of engine parts but it works

ok so today i did run it again and i got mixed results, i think it may be partly down to the fuel, first off i have always ran model technics,

I'm running this engine on 16% like it said in the tamiya manuel but when i got it i ran it on 20% and it was perfect only had enough for 2 tanks before i got 16% ( had to test the mismach engine ran ok )

I'm going to run it on 20% and post back what happens,

Back