engine problems /stalls

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fescue101

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a revo 3.3 and it starts fine when its cold but after it warms up the engine just stops and its much harder to get it started. I need help this has been going on for weeks.i can't even hardly run it with out it dieing after it warms up. It has alot of compresion and the piston and sleeve look fine.Could the engine be shot or what else could it be?:angry:

It could be running lean. As it heats up you probably have alot of power until it stalls and you have to wait for it to cool before restart right? Try richening your hsn 1/16 turn at a time running a couple hot laps inbetween adjustments. You should also invest in a good temp gun for $50ish that will give you accurate temps. How much fuel have you run thru the 3.3 total?

First thing I would check is the glow plug. A glow plug that is about to go bad will cause the engine to die once it warms up. If your glow plug is good then refer to the previous post