e-reader

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not 100% sure but from what I've seen from these things they just have internet for buying and downloading books. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they are mostly for reading. ill look around on google and see what i can find..............................

so far i found a type of question a guy asked about what should i get ? and this woman answering his question says this :

So which is a better choice for your wife: a tablet or an e-reader? I'm going to recommend that you get an e-reader instead of a tablet. And here's why. The main reason you are getting this gadget for your wife is because she wants to read books and magazines. You said yourself that you already have devices in your house that you can use to surf the Web, so that's not the primary reason you want this device. (Also just so you know, the Amazon Kindle and the Nook Color each have browsers that you can use for online searches and checking e-mail.) If she is going to spend a lot of time reading, I just think the e-readers are better device for that function.
If you had said, that she wanted a device so she could watch movies, stream music, look at photos and read books and magazines, I would probably recommend a tablet, such as the iPad, Kindle Fire or the Nook Tablet. These devices are designed for consuming multiple forms of media.

Ok thanks guys. I've looked at a bunch of tablets for cheap too, just need to pick one now. The nook color looks good too.

the kindle fire is more like a tablet but its glossy and would be harder to read books on. the others have ink based text and really do look and feel like your reading out of a book!

The Nook Color is in stock at my local Target, everywhere else was completly sold out of all tablets today. Might pick a Nook Color up tomorrow, I've read almost nothing but good about them.

I got my wife an Acer Iconia A500 last year. I wasn't really aware or up to speed on anything "tablet". First I got her a laptop, it was too big, then got her a netbook... quickly realized, she wanted a touch screen but failed to mention it. I didn't want to deal with a i'anything since we had android phones, so I got the acer as it looked nice in the store and seemed pretty quick.

That said, she had no intention of reading books on it. She wanted something like her phone to surf the web, go through email, facebook... I ended up getting a portfolio for it with a usb keyboard. So basically an 11" android laptop with touch screen.

I have to say, netflix does stream nicely on it... Have been contemplating getting a mobile access point so I can use it in my car during lunch. The one I got is wireless only, no buiilt in mobile access. Could tie it to my phone as a hotspot as that works well too, but netflix streams at 120M per hour of download... that eats up 5G my workphone limit is pretty quick. Found that out the hard way... lol

The Nook Color also streams Netflix and looks great doing it.

can't download a free book without CC info? Guess its pretty safe to put cc info on it right?

If you set up an account with your computer online, then you don't need to worry about sending that info on the Nook. If you have WPA or WEP enabled on your router, you're also in good shape.

Ok thanks Hamz.

Back