E-MAXX Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron030886

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been wanting to get a E-MAXX for a while, and so I have some questions about it before getting it. My mom and dad want me to do some research about it before getting it, since it's alot of money. So my first question would be how much would it cost for good batteries that I can go the maximum speed? How much for the charger that I can charge it in about 45 mins, and also any other information I need to know about it before purchasing it?

Thanks!

with the batteries, it depends on what mah you get and how many cells. most chargers will do charge the battery in about an hour (general rule of thumb is to charge at the rate of the mah, so a 3000 mah battery would be charged at 3amps for 1 hour.)

i have one for sale...

with the batteries, it depends on what mah you get and how many cells. most chargers will do charge the battery in about an hour (general rule of thumb is to charge at the rate of the mah, so a 3000 mah battery would be charged at 3amps for 1 hour.)

i have one for sale...

8.4 volt 3000mh. How much would that cost?

Chargers will vary wildly by the features they have.

If you don't plan on going Lipo anytime soon, a good choice would be the Super Brain 977 because it is both AC and DC and has the ability to charge 2 packs at one time which is great for an EMaxx since it uses 2 packs.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLCJ6&P=ML

in my experience with the emaxx i have, 3000mah doesn't last very long at all. 10 to 15 min max. i would suggest as high of mah batteries you can afford. the maxx is a big heavy truck and takes alot of juice to get moving.

Go with the most MAH rating you can afford like Beason says. The higher the number, the longer the runtime. I would go no less than a pair of 4200's.

Last edited:
Hey just to give you some idea for some comparison. For me to get a gallon of fuel for my Maxx it cost me $46 and then $10 for shipping so $56 total for a gallon of Traxxas 20%. I have to ship it to me cause no car out at college and no LHS. :(
So while the initial pricing is steep your batteries are reusable while i can never get my burnt fuel back. So like people are saying get as high a MAH battery you can afford. Also Tower is not the only place to look for batteries, if you look in the General RC Electric forums you will see plenty of people asking about batteries and such.
Good luck!

i have 3 sets of 3600mah packs and get around a hour with them, they take about a hourish to charge each set. in the future a will be upgrading packs...