E-Flight Thunderbolt of Doom

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Well since I just got a new plane ( E-Flight P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback 1.2) nicknamed the Jug in WW2. I thought I would start a thread for it.
This is not the first one I've had, this was released by FMS in both 1.2 and 1.5 sizes. Parkzone had a really nice version also that was the bubble top version instead of the razorback.

This is by far one of my favorite rc planes to fly. She is a very stable flyer and has great ground handling due to the wide set landing gear. She is a tail dragger so you still have to be ready for a little torque to the left due to the prop rotation but not bad at all.

Ok first up is a pic of what she looks like out of the box. I borrowed this image from google because I forgot to take a pic before I started.
EFL08450_A11_GC88HMEX.jpg

Not being a big fan of the nose art or color scheme, first thing I did was remove the stickers and painted the engine cowling silver. Furtunately I had a can of Tamiya Silver PS41 which was a very good match.
PSX_20230704_195806.jpg

The next thing that had to go was the pilot, i really hate this guy, at least the old parkzone P-47 had an american in the cockpit.
IMG_20230704_191919183_HDR.jpg

The cockpit also lacks any real detail.
PSX_20230704_201036.jpg

Well since I can't leave well enough alone, I replaced the pilot with a resin pilot from Aces of Iron.
Made a new instrument panel, gun sight, and seat for the interior of the cockpit. It's not perfect, but ton's better than stock. And you can't really see all the flaws with the canopy on.
PSX_20230704_201159.jpg
PSX_20230704_201314.jpg

That does it for now, I'll post more as soon as I get a chance to work on it. :)

Awesome detailing work!

Perhaps go with a combat distressed look for the plane. If you want, I could easily do that for you with just a single flying session.
Disclaimer: high probability it may not fly again after the one session with me as the pilot, but it will absolutely be distressed 🤪

Last edited:
Good morning to all-
That's some good work! When I try to "modify" my rc planes, they wind up looking the way my model airplanes did when I was 12 and worked on them- that means, not so very good!

but your efforts are very strong- good on you.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Awesome plane, don’t crash it! Did you get a trainer to practice flying? I know the Mini Apprentice has a 1.2m wingspan, maybe I’d fly similar.

I have been flying for a while, I can't wait to get it in the air. Of course doing all the work on it before the maiden flight, always makes you a little nervous.
Awesome plane, don’t crash it! Did you get a trainer to practice flying? I know the Mini Apprentice has a 1.2m wingspan, maybe I’d fly similar.
Awesome detailing work!

Perhaps go with a combat distressed look for the plane. If you want, I could easily do that for you with just a single flying session.
Disclaimer: high probability it may not fly again after the one session with me as the pilot, but it will absolutely be distressed 🤪
I am quite capable of doing that kind of distressing myself! :p 🤣

Back