Dynamite Dif Cases.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone use the Dynamite dif cases?
I'm building a dif set with Kippster / RRP parts.
When I assembled them I have some side to side play.
I will need to shim the gear set from the inside of the bearing to the cup.

Just wondering if anyone has the same issue using stock gears.
I'm trying to isolate if its the case or the cup.

Thanks
-Ed

Did it most with the FOC for me. Stock needed to be shimmed, but, once the cups were installed it centerred them for me. I used both Dyanmite output cups and the MIP ones so far (by the way, MIP cups for the 2.5 did not fit on the old FOC kit!!!)

Does any other company like RRP actually make the spiders?

Holly molly Çh®i§tiªñ,
I'm lost on your post.
I'm talking Differentials. FOC?

The part I'm referring to is the entire internal gear set has side to side slop inside the case as if the Kippster cup is wasn't machined to the proper OD and doesn't hold the internals firmly up to the side output bearings. I have side to side slop of the internal differential gear set inside the external diff case.

Am I missing something on the market? I didn't realize that Dynamite or MIP made diff output cups.

If I'm not mistaken Kippster is the only company that makes aftermarket spiders.

Last edited:
I'm lost on the FOC thing also. Christian did you finally get that package I sent you?:smoke:

i have the same problem, kippsters in the hardcore cases. i got one shimed real nice, but the second one I'm having trouble with. i need anouther shim assortment from kippster.

i do have dynomite cases also. those are on my 2.5, i didnt shim those because putting the stock slyders back on it took up the slop. i did however try the kippster in those and had the same problem with slop. the other problem i had was getting the alum diff cases to fit alum bulks on my supermaxx. i had to take a honeing stone to the locating ring and bring it down to make it fit. major pain.
rcrev has a tip on a cheap mod for the stock diffs. after i destroy my kippster diffs, i think I'm going in the 1/8 scale direction. rcrev has something in the works for 1/8 scale diffs. just have to wait and see whats up.
for the money i spent on kippster i could have gone the 1/8 scale rout and actually saved money right from the start.

jim

I couldnt find the Kippster spiders :(

I put the Spool (lmao not the FOC) in the rear diff and had the side to side play. HOWEVER, when I installed the output cups (CVD output cups) to the Spool ends it centerred the spool and no need for massive amounts of shims. Same thing with the stock diffs. No need for massive shims on the left and right when I installed the CVD Output cups by either MIP or Dynamite.

Was that better? Humboldt package messed me all up. Sorry guys.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Humboldt package messed me all up. Sorry guys.

So your the one steeling all my toys! I hate you!

i know one thing for sure, dont ever go with the hardcore cases. i had to put more work in to them getting a fit to the alum bulks, its just nuts. i bought all my kippster stuff used, so the cases where included with the deal.
i also had to take the lip down on the case where the mip cups attach to the out-put shaft. when the cases where made up, they used the stock slyders.

the whole thing was a nightmare.

jim

Well that sucks! I just bought the following and was going to build them tonight:

New Dynamite Bearrings for the diffs all the way around
Maximizer Alum cups with Modified RRP Ring Gear
RRP Pinions
Stock Spiders
HARDCORE CASES!

Lol! I have Dynamite cases as well. But I was really hoping to have both decked out.

you will spend some time gettingthe fit you need on the cass with the cups. not fun, but take your time
honeing stones work the best to take the material from the cases you need, dont use a file, they take to much material in a hurry.

:doh:
dynomite are simular, youll have to put a little work in those also. but not nearly as bad as the hardcore cases.

if your running alum bulks youl have to radius the locating ring on the cases also. if there stock, then your ok. just snap in hard.

shimming is the part i hate. :trashed: and then have a few more.

jim

i almost forgot, get some fine, 600 grit or so sand paper. helps polish out the marks from the stones and helps keep the alum from galling.

Last edited:
how did everything turn out?

jim

I can't find any 10mm x 12-13mm shims for the cup to bearings.
Any help is appreciated.

I think Traxxas makes a pack of them. poop. Not sure.

I wont be able to look at mine until Sunday :(

kippster sells shim packs for the diffs

http://www.kippster-racing.com/

the only other place i know of to get and shim stock would me McMaster carr, and if your going to do that. probly better off just going to the local hardware store and getting a sheetmetal shim kit.

kippster are pre stamped to the right size. if you where to do it your self, just get some brass tubing the correct size of inner and outer dim of the bearing race. sharpen the end of the brass up to make a punch out of it.
might be a little more work then you want.

jim

Back