DX3 DSM 3-Channel Pistol w/1-Z270 & 1-Z590

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking of getting this radio for my mp777 sp1. i race. alos what are some good servos for this thing, no more then like $60-$70 for some good racing servos too?

Hands down; Hitec. Give the 525MG for throttle and the 645MG for the steering... Great little servos; that's what I use in my Mbx5 Prospec.

HeartBreak said:
Hands down; Hitec. Give the 525MG for throttle and the 645MG for the steering... Great little servos; that's what I use in my Mbx5 Prospec.

If he is useing DSM he needs to run digital servos.
And the 525 and 645 MG are not digi

If you dont mind me asking, why would he HAVE to run a digital servo?

dougc said:
If you dont mind me asking, why would he HAVE to run a digital servo?

OK from what i have read..And I do have a DSM setup On a 3pk.But have not ran with it yet.
But the manuel that came with the 3pk States that Never use nondigitital servos With the HRS recivers..So I mite be wrong here but If you can't run them with Hrs. I figure that DSM Is the same :shrug:

ZANDOR said:
If he is useing DSM he needs to run digital servos.
And the 525 and 645 MG are not digi

I wasn't aware of that....

In theory (not tryin to argue, just asking...) shouldn't one be able to use an 'analog' servo, such as the 525MG, with the DSM? The thinking behind that is, the Digital servos are compatible with non-DSM-equipped radios...

I use non digital 625's and 925's with my DSM system. Works fine.

You can use nondigital servos with the DSM units. When using HRS it is a different story.

I use digital coreless servos with my DSM and found that in a lower voltage (not low), fast corrections in steering or throttle will send the Spektrum into failsafe mode because of a brief power loss. You need to get the capacitor that spektrum is distributing. p/n spm1600

voltageprotector-sm.jpg

It simply plugs into your third channel.

NOW, if you are planning to race ... you may find the DX3 a little short as far as features are concerned. If you don't use exponentials for steering and throttle; ABS; ABS pulse modulation; Traction control; Auto start/idle up and a few other goodies that most racers use, then don't worry about it. The DX3 will be fine.

I had the DX3 for a total of 3 weekends before selling it. It fell short of what I needed for racing.

Well for $60-$70 total you are not going to get racing servos. You need to spend atleast that per servo. I would stay away from the Hitc 625/645. I have ran them and have seen others and they either dont re-center very well or just burn up. Servo's are a very important piece in your setup. Dont skimp out on them. Atleast go with the hitec 925/945. The 645 is WAY too slow.

Back