dual exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChucksCity

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:\does anyone here have a dual exhaust system on their maxx, is it better than the resonator pipe

Hey man I myself have not done it but I've been thinking about dual stacks on mine but let me know if u do do it n how she works

Its crud!!! They don't provide enough back pressure to the engine and you loose a ton of power. You're better off running a stock plastic pipe.

which kit do you have samrsnow is it rd logics, integy or tsias?

I'm wondering, if you were to plug up two of the exhaust holes(quad) or one of them(dual) would you get any better performance out of it. Just wondering cause it looks pretty kewl, and you could put something where the old exhaust used to be........Someone on here must have tried it..:hehe:

which kit do you have samrsnow is it rd logics, integy or tsias?

None. I learned that they sucked a long time ago.

darnoced, It still would not give better performance over a stock plastic pipe....They will all get bent in one hit also.

They are UTTER GARBAGE!!!!

Last edited:
i thunk you should do what you feel is best. hey, you learn by mistakes right

teh dual exhaust doesn't provide enough back pressure for the engine to run correctly. you can try plugging one stinger if you like the "look" but they do get smashed really easy on a hard tail landing. do what you want to do, but you asked for advice and got it.

I'm sticking to the "normal" style exhaust cause I agree that it probably would get bent up bashing. This also sucks cause I hate to clean up all the exhaust mess that ends up all over the truck.
I was just wondering if anyone had tried to adress the lack of back pressure.

try a exhaust deflector that should help i have one on the way. I had the rd lodgics dual pipe with twin stingers and it really does suck i even plugged two of the holes and still didnt care for it also hard to get it tuned right with it so i put my stock back on

I have the integy quad tip exhaust on a 3.3 and over a stock pipe i gained low end but not high end. With smaller motors the rear probably wont help but no forum has mentioned the possibility of a exhaust control valve. some cars use them and some bikes actually gained power with just a flap in the exhaust tip. so there is an idea for running duals. as far as breaking off just dont do wheelies or put something on your rear skid plate that extends it out so it gets hit and not the tips. Mine are a little chewed up but i want my truck to run not just sit standing in the air so them hitting does not bother me. And if you decide not to get duals go check out the ones at (http://www.vantageracing.com/site/). their carbon fiber and look good.