drive shafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo racer 007

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has anyone had experience with the constant velocity driveshafts? Is it worth the $50 for the upgrade?:\

In my experience, CVD's are a good investment BUT..................don't replace the original driveshafts till you bust them, bend them or wear them out. Give yourself some breathing room, the originals take a beating and I can testify to that. my revo has hit poles, trees and more at WOT and come away unscathed original plastic drive shafts and all.

Only thing have ever broken is one front pushrod and the lower suspension arm of the same side. Revo's are tuff little buffers to say the least.

In my experience, CVD's are a good investment BUT..................don't replace the original driveshafts till you bust them, bend them or wear them out. Give yourself some breathing room, the originals take a beating and I can testify to that. my revo has hit poles, trees and more at WOT and come away unscathed original plastic drive shafts and all.

Only thing have ever broken is one front pushrod and the lower suspension arm of the same side. Revo's are tuff little buffers to say the least.

Didn't you break a bucket load of parts yesterday?!? lol

yes, i did " break a bucket load of parts " and thru all of that, NOT ONE of the driveshafts got damaged ! which goes to prove my point the original, plastic, driveshafts.

******EDIT******

One thing to remember with CVD's, is that they will need periodic rebuilds (drive pins, ball joints & pins) and the drive cups will also need to be periodically replaced, not to mention that they can be bent in a hard impact requiring complete replacement. So, In My Honest Opinion, i would stick with the stock Traxxas ones. They do not need rebuilding, there are no drive cups to replace and they bounce back after a hard impact.

******EDIT******

Last edited:
I agree 100% don't replace them until you break or wear out the original ones like ron said.

P.S. Welcome to the green team there ron, welcome to the dark side

wellsaid rob.

BTW, after5 years, i though it was about time to go green !!

I would have to agree with not replacing the shafts until or unless they break. I have run a Picco .26 Maxx with no driveshaft issues what-so-ever.

I agree 100% don't replace them until you break or wear out the original ones like ron said.

P.S. Welcome to the green team there ron, welcome to the dark side

so i think my stock ones r tweek!! think thats y tires woble>>> how should check????

It may not be the drive shafts, it could be bearings that are worn, or bent stub axles.

Some tyres are not always fitted straight or properly causing tyre wobble even when a wheel runs tru and straight.

As i say, check the bearings are good and that the stub axles are not bent..

A shim behind the hex pins helps to tighten things up too. Just make sure the shim is thin enough to not bind the movement of the wheels when the nut is tightened all the way down.

You might also have gotten water in the tire foams through that little hole inside the wheel.

Back